2

Lei woke to water being poured onto her face. She spit it out, and could hear the disgust in the pursuer's voice. It was a boy, with an abnormally high voice. She opened her eyes, and was pleased to have gotten it right. Something was off about him, he had a crooked stance, and fear overtook his eyes. She had also wondered how he managed to bring her down?
"Who are you?" Lei said, coldly. She glared at him, her eyes almost like lasers. Finally he gave in; "I'm Allan, and I'm here to help you Lei." She froze. How did he know her name? She quickly dismissed the thought, remembering everyone knew her name. "And why would a boy like you want to help me?" She let her guard down slightly, noting he made no attempt at attacking her. "I know you didn't do it."

She saw sympathy in the boy's eyes for a second, until it was again replaced with fear. "I was there when it happened, my father tried to stop me from exploring, but I managed to escape. But before he grabbed me, I caught a glimpse of a man with a red suit & fedora walking into the lab. I did some slight investigation, and discovered that he was none other than Mr.Essie, the mayor." Surprise overtook her face, and she gasped lightly without noticing. "What business would Mr.Essie have in the lab?" The boy looked fervent, almost begging to tell her more. "Okay, keep going"

"Well, when I figured it out, I asked my father, and he had nothing to say. Oh- I forgot to tell you. My father's a scientist as well. So, with my suspicions rising, I looked into my father. There wasn't much, besides a few awards he had won in the past. But I noticed an odd article on a new invention the scientists were conceiving. The ability to make someone obey its ruler's wishes. 

Once again I looked into it, and apparently this project has been going on for far longer than I'd expected. Ten years now, they've been plotting this entire scheme, leaving everyone oblivious to it. A few days past, and that's when I heard about you. They said you were in the lab, which you were, but they said you were toying around with some chemicals, and something went wrong. Although I don't quite know what happened yet, I do know that story is a load of crap. 

There's no plausible way of explaining that. You would've accomplished something playing, that the smartest doctors in the world couldn't even begin to think about. So, what do you do when the world pins something on you, but it wasn't you?" She could tell Allan was hinting at her, so she played along with his little game. "What?" The boy grabbed her vigorously, and carried her into an abandoned warehouse.