t w e l v e

#19 in Spiritual! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Aa'lameen :')

'I don't believe in magic'. The young boy said. 'You will, when you see her'. The old man smiled. -Atticus.

t w e l v e

A rose.

A red rose.

A magnificent red rose.

From Rayhaan.

She twirled the rose in her hand, a warm smile grazing her face and inhaled its scent, blushing deeply. Her happiness knew no bounds at that moment. She closed her eyes, bliss invading her senses and the moment she closed them, his smile flashed in her mind and the way his green eyes bore into her when she looked up the moment she got the rose.

My goodness, I'm losing my mind.

Samairah decided to come back to her senses. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't wipe off the smile from her lips. It was as if it seemed to be permanently etched on her face, reflecting the euphoria she felt deep within. She wondered how one act of his had so much influence on her. Is this what she had come upto? she asked herself. She had grown to become detached from him, from his memories, from his influence on her mood but all of it crumpled to the ground within seconds.

What have you done, Rayhaan?

His two syllabled name swirled in her mind, a ghost of smile making its way to her face, each time she subconsciously called out his name.

Rayhaan. Rayhaan. Rayhaan.

She was gone. So gone. Samairah couldn't get a hold on herself for the sake of her life. Suddenly, she was yanked out of her reverie, as her phone pinged. She came crashing back to reality. What the hell was she doing thinking about him, about the incident that happened? Why was she so influenced by him? She shouldn't. Her resolve was much weaker this time, after what he did but nevertheless she did make her mind up. She checked the text.

Where are you? -N

After giving her the rose, Rayhaan just looked at her deeply, a slight smile slipping on his lips as he walked away. She quickly kept the rose inside her bag, albeit very safely and joined others at the other end of the hall. She made some small talk with Vaishnavi's sister, her son clinging to Samairah and each time she looked at the little guy she couldn't help but replay the scene of him and Rayhaan in her mind. She shook her head, trying to hide the smile that played on her lips before it was evident to everyone else what was going on with her. Then, she left the hall to bid Vaishnavi goodbye and retrieved her belongings from car and made her way to Girl's room in her campus where she would get ready for the fresher's party which would be in an hour. Four pm exact. And while she did, she had forgotten to inform Nikhil where she was.

Girl's room. Getting ready! -S

Come soon! I'll be rehearsing backstage. Be there :D -N

Sure. Gimme ten minutes. -S

She was done draping her saree and was about to put on some make up when she suddenly remembered that she had forgot to offer her Zuhr prayers. Guilt washed down on her as she realised how terribly she had forgotten about namaaz. Her heart slightly beat faster as she felt awful at how she was thinking about him all this time while the thought of prayers slipped her mind by. She dashed to the Namaaz room which was adjacent to Girl's room and made Wudhu, which was quite arduous in her saree.

She quickly offered four rakah Fardh skipping all other rakah, rushed through the tasbeeh and did a nominal dua and got up. And even while she prayed, she chose small surah and her concentration deviated towards various things.