Chapter 2

I felt the chill of the ground as I regained consciousness. The trees were similar , also different from what I saw before the crash. A small creek flowed by me with life giving water, it was strangely peaceful. I saw leaves of vibrant reds and orange scattered across my body. Where am I ?
       By now I could feel the pain of each individual wound across my weakened flesh and pierced into my fragile soul. I gathered myself to ignore the pain for long enough to sit up and observe my surroundings.
          "Hello!?!"I called trying to get some intelligent response,"Is anyone out here? I need help." No one answered- as I expected.
          A old rotting tree stump sat just in front of me. The moss covered the battle-worn bark in velvet sheet. I rose to my feet and took a few steps toward it. Then a spiral of pain rushed from my legs and I collapsed to the ground. I was closer to the stump now, but also to the creek. Don't fall into the creek and you will be fine.
I once again sat up and pushed myself onto my feet. I began to walk toward the stump once more. The pain was becoming more unbearable and I was beginning to lose concentration. I heard a stick break behind me. Get to the stump; get to safety! I didn't bother looking back to see what danger might have broken the stick.
"Excuse me!"
My concentration broke and I fell into the stream. My wounds burned with the intensity of a thousand fire-hot pins. The clothe of my dress drank its fill of water which chilled my brittle body to the bone. The water chilled my bones to where all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball, knees tucked close to my chest, and sit next to the warm marble fireplace in my home's study.
"I'm sorry ma'am," cried the voice,"Let me help you up."
"No, I don't need any help," I responded. 
          "Very well," replied a stranger. He was dressed in a black cloak that covered down to just above his black boots.
           I tried pulling myself up out of the water onto the shore, but my arms were too weak. The small wounds that cascaded down my arms-even at the slightest touch- would drive enormous amounts of pain throughout my body.
       The stranger came closer and kneeled down to face me. As he did so,I began to make out a face. As the cloak hood slipped slightly back along his head, I  instantly recognized the frosty blue which made up his eye color. I also could see the sincerity of his wanting to assist me within them."Just let me help you. I know someone who can get you fixed up in no time."
         Unable to withstand the pain any longer, I conceded. I felt a heaviness wash over me. You couldn't pull yourself off the ground. How pathetic am I?
          I was surprised when he picked me up in his arms; he did so as if he had done it a thousand times. Then we take flight. The wind blew back the rest of the cloak hood to reveal the entire picture. His hair was thick and luscious. And was a sort of a chestnut color, just enough to make them almost seamlessly blend in with his fair skin.
        In flight, I felt the same wind as in my dream that morning. The clouds caressed my frail body. All the while, I was thinking of the distance, the destination, and the reasoning. I am going farther away from home. I'll find a way back. I know I will. As thought turned to day-dreaming, I fell asleep still with all of these questions in mind. Especially on how I felt that I could automatically trust someone I just met in a strange forest after a random car-accident.