Chapter 19 - Hate That I Love It

Shoutout to jazzstarr74 for saving this story in her reading lists! ♡ I'm very very veryyy happy you enjoy reading it! ♡ it really means a lot to me so thank you! I hope you enjoy this one! mwah x

~~~

DRACO'S POV

I woke up to someone twirling strands of my hair in their finger.

I didn't want to open my eyes, or maybe eye in my situation because it all felt so heavenly. It all felt so heavenly as if you have to close your eyes then you're there. It was like that.

Then there was a whisper. "Why did you saved me when the Death Eaters attacked during the Quidditch World Cup?" It couldn't be her. She wouldn't dare come close to me but the voice. It came from her. And who else did I saved when the Death Eaters attacked during the Quidditch World Cup? Just her.

"Why did you attempted to kiss me in the train?"

"Why did you kiss me on the cheek?"

Then I felt her finger caressed my cheek. I almost leaned in and had a difficult time restraining myself to do so.

Her touch was so gentle and smooth. What more if I was in her arms?

'You can't Draco. She's a Mudblood. You're a Pureblood. Your family and ancestors wouldn't want you to be with her. You're gonna ruin the Malfoy family.'

"Why are you so rude to me?"

I opened my eyes, pretended to be shocked and disgusted. Then she backed away and a thud was heard from the floor.

Don't. Please.

"What the bloody hell were you doing, you..." I tried to sound disgusted but failed as I looked at her face. She went pale as she stared back. Lips slightly parted. I couldn't figure out if she was mad, scared, nervous or what not. But all I know is that I wanted to hug her and tell her everything.

But I knew I couldn't.

"... filthy little Mudblood?!" I shakily spat out.

She slowly turned around and started to walk back to her bed. While walking back, her hand reached her head.

Moments later, she collapsed.

I shot up from my bed and made my way to her. My instincts got to me, I knelt down beside her.

"Granger!" I called out as I pulled her body on my legs. "Granger."

I scanned her face. Her eyes closed. Her skin looking pale, almost as pale as mine which isn't her natural skin color. Her lips like faded pink. I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

We were so close... yet so far.

I removed the scattered strands of hair from her face and tucked them behind her ears.

"What the hell were you even doing, Granger?" I slightly grinned and chuckled.

I couldn't pick out the right words for her beautiful features.

I wanted to slap myself, realizing she was outcold. My eyes started to open wide. She fainted because I shouted at her.

"Madam Pomfrey! Help!" I turned my head, my eyes searching the door to her small room, as my voice boomed through the walls of the Hospital Wing.

I carried her unconscious body, bridal style, to her bed. I made sure her head leaned on my shoulder blade. I wish she was awake.

"What is it Mr. Ma- Oh Goodness me! What happened to Ms. Granger?!" Madam Pomfrey hurriedly walked over to Granger's bed as I placed her down.