Chapter 5

-Niall-

It was her. Maya. I knew it, and I felt a terrible feeling deep in my gut. Of course I regretted everything I had said or done. How could one not regret hurting someone? I just wanted to take her in my arms and apologize for everything. Truth be told, I really did like her. I was just a stupid kid who didn't know how to treat anybody right. I hated myself. I looked at her and I saw a perfect person, the only one I wanted. But management had other ideas. I had to date Allie, and I couldn't even tell her it was a lie. This was so evil! I hoped she wouldn't fall for it..

"Allie!" I greeted as both of the girls walked in. I gave her a big hug and she smiled.

"A bit excited," Maya asked, putting her arm around Allie when I let her go. I could tell this wasn't going to go well. I just, couldn't get her out of my mind. Her hair, her sparkling eyes, gleaming smile..well..she didn't smile around me. She was still, amazing..

About half an hour into practicing, somebody's phone went off.

"Wouldn't it be nice if we were older and we didn't have to wait so long, and wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?" 

Maya's hand flew to her light pink skinny jean's pocket. We signaled for her to take her call. She got up and said into the phone a little confused, "Hello?" A few moments later as she walked out the door, I heard her ask angrily, "How did you get my number?"

Allie, Harry, Zayn, and Louis started to get to know each other a little more as Liam walked over to me. Harry was so much taller than Allie, but she wasn't as short as Allie. Harry, being himself, asked her "When did you have your first kiss?" He smirked at her causing her cheeks to turn a deep shade of red. I could tell she had a thing for him and he had a thing for her. They would be cute together, if only...

"So!" Liam's voice broke my thoughts. "What do you think of Maya?" He sort of whispered in my ear.

I laughed and sighed at the same time. "Well, she's beautiful, gorgeous actaully, and I want to be with her. I don't want to hurt Allie, either."

He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Why don't you tell her then?" He did a little shrug as I opened my mouth to speak.

"You heard them," I murmured. "I can't, and plus if she likes me then it would crush her to know that I was only pretending to flirt. And Maya wouldn't like me, she doesn't, I know it."

"Why's that, Mate?" 

I shook my head. "It's nothing; I just have this feeling." I lied. "Come to think of it, it's been a while since she's been in the hall. I think I'm gonna go check on her." With that, I got out of the room as fast as possible. 

I must have ran out at the wrong time because as soon as I closed the door, I heard Maya basically yelling at her phone. "Don't you EVER try to contact me again!" I didn't know if I heard the next part correctly or not, but this is what I got. "You can't even say I'm your daughter anymore. I never had a mother..." After that, her voice trailed off. I heard a few words such as Bitch and Hated Me. I tried to hide the best I could in case she came back in a rush. I didn't expect what came next; I heard crying. 

I rushed towards the direction the sound was coming from the best I could without making a lot of noise. My assumptions were correct, I saw Maya crying, her back against the wall and her face in her hands. 

I gathered the courage to question, "M-m-Maya?" She gasped and shot me an evil glance. 

"And what exactly do you want from me?" She was furious with me. Her jaw was clenched and her eyes were filled with rage. She looked like she was going to explode, really. 

"I just wanted to know if you were alright," I nearly squeaked that sentence. Her facial expresion changed from anger back to sadness as she bit her lip. I bent down and hugged her. At first, she didn't do anything. I couldn't blame her, I was just as shocked at myself as she was.

"C'mon, let it out." She wrapped her arms tightly around me and sobbed. 

"T-t-that was-s my mo-om." I held on to her making her come closer. A few minutes passed and she was barely sniffling. I helped her up and she wiped her face.

"I look like a mess, don't I?" Her face was red and her eyes glassy, but she somehow pulled it off. She was the only person that could look pretty after intensely crying for ten minutes. 

"Actually, you look bea-" I stopped myself. "You look fine." She gave me a half smile. "C'mon! You can do better than that! Show me a big smile!" She chuckled and gave a big, fake smile. "Good." I patted her on the head. "Now, let's get back to practice after we get you a water and a tisue." 

She pointed to my shoulder, "I'm sorry for ruining your shirt." I had just noticed it. 

"Eh, no big deal. The snot will make a good design." She laughed a real one this time. I felt good that I made her laugh. It was the first time I'd heard it. Her laugh was angelic and beautiful. 

I was in love with the wrong girl.