Going In

I woke up with a feeling that I had do something about what Fi had told me. I was going to go into Gaia.
I looked through the piles of clothes that we had and tried to find the most presentable thing I could. I ended up wearing some light blue skinny jeans and a white t-shirt, I put on a hoody and put my long brown hair in a ponytail.
"What's the occasion Louise?"
"I'm going into Gaia. And I'm sorting something out." I say as I put my tooth brush in my hoodie pocket, it had no bristles left in it but that didn't mean it wasn't useful. I also grabbed my notepad and shoved it in my boot. I had stored a few things in that book and it would probably be deadly for the Gaia's if any blighters found out.
I hate it how we were called blighters, because blight is like famine or damage and that's what we live in and are.
My mum went to a small drawer and got something out, she shoved it in my hands as I felt it vibrate and then it beeped. It was a phone. "What? How? What's the charge? Have you had this the whole time?"
She didn't answer me she just went back to the drawer and got another one out.
"They are both almost fully charged and I was saving it for an important time."
"I could have been texting Fi this whole time!"
"No, you would have wasted the charge and credit."
I just shove the phone into my back jean pocket. And started to walk towards the trap door. My mother grabbed my shoulder, "wait."
I turn around to her holding a small kitchen knife.
Again she gave it to me, in disbelief I took it carefully from her hands and pushed it in between my sock and my boots. I go over to Imogen and kiss her on the cheek, she looks around from drawing on the floor with some chalk fi had given me a few weeks ago. "Bye, bye bub, I'll be back soon."
"Bye Lulu." She said distractedly.
As I walked through the streets, into the cemetery and to the wall I think of a plan.
I move the tin away as quietly as I could and pushed through the crack with some difficulty. I don't know how Fi did it. I'm plunged into darkness so I use the phone as a torch I travel in the darkness for about 10 metres following pipe lines and cables to a seem of light. As I got to the other side just before I stepped out side of the wall I dusted myself off. As I stepped through the crack on this side of the wall it was like I had teleported to another world. The walls were covered in big colourful paintings and I guess that's how the crack blended in a bit. There were beautiful gardens filled with seas of flowers and clean pathways with not a single crack. The roads were made from solar panels, which was obviously where they got all their electricity from. The houses were all so new and big. Most were at least 2 stories high, children played in gardens with pets, kites, cars, dollies and so many toys that I didn't even know existed, they all had big toothy grins and children's laughter range out across the street. I looked towards the centre of Gaia to find big tall buildings, most likely workplaces.
I was in a world that seemed to be so foreign to the one that I had come to know. I remembered one time Fi drew me a map to her house in my notepad once so I quickly took it out of my boot and flicked through the pages until I came over a roughly drawn mud map. I soon got my bearings and started towards her house. I bet she never would have guessed that I'd be using it to make my way through Gaia.