1. 26 Shots From Hell

"A! Where the hell are you?" The eleventh child shouted as he walked around the place. He's with his other triplet, the twelfth child and youngest between the three who was anxiously walking around searching for their eldest as well.

We had a code (well not entirely) but out of the laziness of saying our real names, we all ended up using the first letter of our names when calling each other. Dreixzter, the head of the clan, was the one who decided on it. But I never use it. I know it's for convenience, that I can agree but I still can't.

That's just a minor detail from everything that surrounds and created us. Just the tip of the iceberg. A mask that covers the entirety of our being. 

As the one who's memories connect from the very first of our kind, I know of our real identities the moment I was created. And just like that, I am no longer a normal one.

Something completely different from the rest of them. 

With the memories imprinted on me, I see different from the rest. Just like now, everything is so vivid right in front of me. I can see through the kind of feathers they have whenever I look at them. Like some halo behind them floating around. 

Weird but it's part of my daily life. If you always see that mirage behind each of them you kind of ended up being reminded of the kind of bird species the person is. A simple glance and I can see what their wings look like and that's a hard enough reason for me to call them by letters.  

No, we're not some weird-ass people. Although that's weird for some, it has become a very normal thing for me as I grew up. That's why I always choose to use their real names and only when I want to provoke any of them do I use their equivalent bird name.

So where is all this coming from?

We're from a very old clan with generations and generations of history. One that's very much unknown to the other side of the world. To the real normal people, we don't actually exist as someone dangerous unless our powers leak. 

But yes, simply put, we're monsters to normal people. 

That's why we evolved to one whom normal people will think is part of their society. Wings? All hidden and kept unless resuscitated. Powers? All controlled unless provoked.

The only reason why any of our powers will show up is because of the overwhelming emotion inside of each of us. If one can't control that, the protection that hides and controls the powers will crack and the powers will leak. 

So each of them that got dragged here, they all ended up facing something they never thought they would. That's why one of their powers showed up. 

A little leak of power can easily be tracked by those who have the same blood as theirs. And so they got caught by the current head of the clan, Charl.

"Goodness with my sister! She's always somewhere that one has to search intently for."  Oh. Zuqueya, the twelfth, talking to herself. In her mind to be exact. She needs to be trained. I can easily read what's inside her head and that's really bad for those who can easily use telepathy to make their way through someone's head. I did not intend to pry but her thoughts are a bit all over the place.

She's too affected by the fact that they can't find Aezfleir, the tenth child, and their eldest sister. 

"Z, have you seen her yet?" Trithmoer, who was intently searching for their sister kept pacing back and forth. And thinking deeply too.

"Bro... don't you know you look weird right now? Pacing back and forth..."

"What did you say?!" I hissed at the way he just shouted like that to his sister. That's not a way to reply to someone who's helping you too. What a jerk.