chapter 1- introductions

Lachlans P.O.V.

"No!" I yell. "Get away, get away, get away..."

I woke up in a panic. I was covered with sweat everywhere and I was shivering all over the place. Not the dream again, I thought.

Every single night, I wake up because of the stupid dream. It plagues my mind everyday. Then again, I have a ­lot of things that plagues me...

I started coughing, rattling my skinny body. I looked down at my hand, blood.

"Fudge" I mutter. The disease is getting worse. The cold in these woods aren't helping either. I shivered as a breeze hit me, proving my point. At least no one's around...

"There he is!" Someone shouted.

Preston's P.O.V.

The fireplace was warming my body up in this cold and dark place. The only light that was coming was from the fire. This place was always cold and mean. The caretakers never cared for us. Being 16 and the oldest, I always took care of everyone in this God forsaken orphanage.

"Preston?" Tobi asked. He was the youngest, only 5 years old. His parents died by a pack of wolves.

"Yes, my little cactus?" I said. I always called the little ones like that. I was always fascinated with cacti. They remind me of my parents...

"They're here..." Tobi said with great fear.

Vik's P.O.V.

The water softly splashed against the shore. I always loved the water. It was calm and soothing. It was also close to the ground, no heights involved. My parents should of...

I was distracted from my thoughts as I saw a fish swim by my pole. It was my favorite, carp.

"Yes, my dinner." I whispered. My adoptive family never fed me anyways. If I don't catch anything then I will go to bed starving.

A creek from behind made me tense up.I was about to scream when hands covered my mouth.

Mitch's P.O.V.

"Uff!" I panted as I lifted up the deer that I shot with an arrow. The tribe was sure going to like this. It was going to be a thanks for all they have done for me.

On the way back I started humming a song called... well it sounded like a mocking bird. I liked birds, they were free and graceful.

A sound of a gunshot was heard coming from my right. I almost dropped the deer. I was petrified of guns. I started shaking fearfully, my parents were killed...

I felt something hold onto my arm. I stopped shivering and looked down. There was a hand grasping my arm...

Rob's P.O.V.

It was too cold in this cottage. There was no electricity but I would not turn on the fire... too afraid that the house would be burnt down with me inside it just like my...

"I'm home" Nicky yelled out, getting me out of my thoughts. She was a kid, only 10 years old but she had nowhere else to go so I had let her stay with me. At least she kept me company. I hated being alone.

"How was shopping?" I asked but then I noticed the fear on her face. "What's wrong?!" I continued, changing the subject.

"People are asking for you... They have guns." she said.

Jerome's P.O.V.

I was swinging from the vines in the jungle. I was like... a wild monkey. I never did like the cities, with the cars that ran over parents...

I snapped out of my thoughts. I needed to grab onto the other vine before I swung backwards. I was up high so if I fall... I might get more than a broken bone. I quickly reach out to the other vine, and grasped it.

"Thank God..." I mutter.

A few minutes later and I was back at my jungle tree house. I started heading towards the door until I noticed people were standing there with their guns pointed at me.

A/y: hi guys, this is the new book. Sorry if there is grammar mistakes/spelling more than usual. I did this on a Ipad so...ya. In the future, the p.o.vs will be longer but with not everyone p.o.vs in the chapter. This was the introduction so I decided to make them short but with everyone getting the spotlight. Also, if you got why Mitch song was called Mockingjay, awesome. It was because he was humming the Mockingjay song from hunger games. :) Anyways, hoped you enjoyed!