Chapter 5

Toni

I haven't heard a thing from Kenny since my concert in Houston. It has been 3 long days and I'm getting worried.

"Hey Toni!" L.A says walking into the studio. "Hey."I softly say. "Are you okay?" L.A asks worried. "No. It's just not the same without Kenny being here."

"I was just talking to that fool a minute ago." L.A says laughing. "You were?" I asked shocked. "Yeah. He still should be on the phone with Daryl." L.A says.

I look up and see Daryl walking our way.

"Kenny's ass is definitely in the dog house!"

After the concert I headed to my hotel room. I plopped down on the sofa and turned the tv on.

"The stars are out tonight here in Paris. Michael & Janet Jackson, Bobby & Whitney, Brad Pitt, and Babyface are just to name a few."

They showed a clip of some people standing outside waiting for their cars. Then I saw Kenny walking out of the restaurant...hand in hand with a girl.

"So that's how we do it!" I yell throwing Kenny's watch that he gave me.

"How Many Ways Video Shoot"

"Okay Toni we want everything to seem natural. Just a guy and girl that love each other spending time together." The director said.

"Okay so who's the guy?"

"I am." This deep voice said behind me.

I turned around slowly see the cutest, light skin guy with this amazing bone structure.

"Hi I'm Shemar Moore." He said smiling. "Hey, I'm Toni Braxton". "Of course I saw you and had to speak to you." Shemar says smiling.

"Now lets get this shoot on the move. I know L.A wants this out by tomorrow morning people." The director yells causing everyone to hurry up.

The video shoot was over and the whole time Shemar was flirting with me. I know he was playing my boyfriend but I can tell it's something more.

"Okay that's a wrap people! Congrats on another successful shoot!" The director yells.

"Hey Toni!" Shemar yells running up to me. "What's up Shemar?"

"I was wondering would you like to go out to dinner tonight?" Shemar asked nervously. "Um let me check my schedule. Wait for a quick second."

I ran off to call Kenny and once again I got no answer.

"Kenny is so damn silly!"
Daryl said laughing with L.A. "Right I was trying to be professional earlier at the shoot  but his stupid self had me laughing." L.A replied.

"That made my blood boil."

"Shemar." I say and he turned around. The sun fell on his eyes perfectly. "I would love to go out tonight."

"Perfect I'll pick you up at 7." Shemar said smiling. I gave him my info and we went our separate ways.

After The Date

"Toni I really had a great time tonight. I hope we can do this again." Shemar says walking me to my hotel door.

"We definitely can." I say while hugging him.

He smiled at me then walked away. I closed the door and slid down it. He definitely has my full attention.

Kenny