Chapter 25

Kenny

"I heard that Toni was out of the hospital. I was going to drop by but I wanted her to get adjusted. How is she doing?"

"She's doing good for the most part. Okay but Whitney I came here to talk to you about my daughter." Whitney got up and paced the floor.

"What daughter?" Whitney asked.

"The daughter that you're stressing out about. We've know each other for over 10 years please tell me."

Whitney ran her hands through her hair and breathed deeply. She continued to pace the floor as she mumbled to herself. She finally turned to me and then started pacing back and forth again.

"Ok look. Kenny I had been sworn to secrecy about this whole situation. But she deserves to know her father and you're a good person. I'll call Lela and-" Whitney said.

"No. I would prefer to talk to Lela in person. I don't want to involve you that deep. Just tell me where she is and it'll work itself out."

"She's rehearsing for a movie that we're staring in. But she doesn't need any stress Kenny so please don't be an ass."

I kissed Whitney's cheek and left. I was pissed that I didn't know I had an one and half year old. But I was so excited to know that I wasn't angry. I pulled up to the acting studios and searched for the movie set.

"Just the man I need to see. Man I'm directing this movie and I need your help with the soundtrack."Forrest Whitaker said as we walked deeper into the building.

"Okay cool just let me know. Is Lela here?"

Forrest scratched his head as he looked through his clipboard. I waved to Angela as I saw her rush by in a hurry.

"She should be on lot 4 with rehearsing with Leon. If not then she's probably gone for the day." I shook Forrest's hand and headed to lot 4.

I slowly walked in and saw her. She was turned around looking over some papers.

"Lela?" I called her name and she froze.  "Lela. I need to talk to you."

"Kenny now is not the time. I got to get these last line down and then pick up something important."

"Lela I know about our daughter. I want to be there for her. Let me please."

Lela looked at me and threw a cup of water on me. She slapped me and punched me in the chest.

"You don't deserve to know her. After you did me I couldn't trust you around her. You just left me I called you and you told me to go to hell. While Toni was laid up in a hospital you were telling me that you loved me."

"Lela I'm so sorry. I do love you but it was the timing that made it wrong. Toni had just went into her coma. I met you drunk and mad at the world. Now can I see my child?"

"Fuck you Kenny! So you mean you still don't feel anything for me like you feel for Toni? I gave you a child something that self absorbed bitc-."

"Don't call her out of her name! I love her and I'm going to with her! All of this has nothing to do with my daughter. Now can we be mature, for the sake of the child?"

"Sure, I guess."

Toni

"Daryl what are you talking about? This song already exist and so does this album."

Daryl and I were in the studio writing and recording some songs. But the crazy thing was that everything he handed me already was recorded by me.

"Toni there's no way possible. Look over this song and tell me if you remember it." Daryl handed me a piece of paper and my eyes lit up. It was "Let It Flow."

"Come on Daryl I know you remember this song. The night I got knocked out with the oranges I sung this. Come on man how can you not remember it's going to be on the movie soundtrack for "Waiting To Exhale".

"Toni all of that is impossible."

"And why is that Daryl?" He and Kenny were definitely best friends they acted exactly alike, and the shit was getting on my last nerve.

"Because it's 1994. That movie you're speaking of is in the works but they haven't started filming or talking about an album." Daryl said as I froze up.