We walked in the dark. Travis had a flashlight in the front so he could lead the way. I followed the noise of footsteps. 

Alicia stayed next to me. "So what did you do before this? How did you survive? Where did you go?" she asked looking to me. I turned towards her but couldn't see her face very much. I smiled slightly.

"I stayed out of harm's way. if I felt like someone was threatening then they would be used as a distraction to let me get away" I explain looking forward. She does a slight chuckle and looks down. "what happened to your mom? SIster? Dad?" she asked again a bit more quiet. 

"we-" I was interrupted by Madison. 

"Alicia! That's not something someone would want to talk about" she says giving Alicia, very clear by her tone, a glare. I smiled and patted her shoulder as we walk "its okay" 

Madison then looks to me "you sure?" she asks giving me a concern look. I nod but I'm sure she didn't see. 

"yea" I reply giving her an extra confirmation.

 "okay" she says softly grasping my shoulder and squeezing it a bit. 

I took a deep breath and started to talk knowing that Chris and Nick, that was in front of us, would be listening. 

"I went home, rushing from school, the day it all went down. It was completely silent in the house and I instantly knew something was wrong. You know my mom. You all do. She loves to make noise and it being quiet in the house? No way." I started off. Alicia just kept nodding. Nothing to say. Chris kept walking not wanting to make it obvious he was listening. Nick on the other-hand, he kept looking at me.

"I walked around the house saying mom. Finally I started to hear noises. Something like I never heard before. Something I can't quite describe. I walked up the stairs and the noises got louder and worse. My bedroom door was cracked and I walked in. A laundry basket was on the bed. My mom..." I stopped as my voice got weaker.

"my mom was on the ground. Her own blood was like a river. Flowing along the room." I state. BIting my lip I try and not let the tears fall, still walking with them. Alicia saw my actions and nodded. She pulled me into a side hug. 

"Its going to be okay.... I promise" she whispers giving me a side hug. I nod with a smile and hug her back still walking. 

"and there she is" Mr. Strand said looking up with a big smile. I held onto Alicia still wanting to hug her as I look up. It was a house. A large one. It was a stone type. An orangish red color. Along with that it had large windows along the house on all sides. Along with that it had rope lights hanging. It also had lanterns in string letting a lot of light show. It was so pretty and I loved how it looked. 

My mouth dropped with 'awe' as I scanned the house. Alicia let go of me slowly as I dropped my arms to the side still scanning the house. She let out a chuckle as she pat my back making me bounce out of my trans. I smiled to her. 

Mr. Strand smiled at everyone and went to the gate opening it. The small group went to go inside the house. The strings of lights brightened up the whole thing. I went back to thinking and looking around until Alicia came back to me with a smile and a tiny growl. She dragged me into the house. 

"Hey!" I exclaim running, well being dragged behind her.

"You get lost in your thoughts and if someone doesn't make you snap out of it then you are gone" she says with a slight laugh. I smile. 

"I know!" I say still behind her. The group stopped at the door waiting to go inside. As Mr. Strand opened the door they started. The noises of our shoes and whispered echoed throughout the house.