Shintaro X Ayano

Shintaro POV

     So everyone's got different powers now.

     We try them out by turning our eyes red. When I do, all I hear are voices.

     "What happened?"

     "Was that... Azami?"

     "Think what I could do with this!"

     "This is great! I could birdwatch without scaring the birds!"

     That last one was Seto. Guess he got Kido's power. And I got his. Great.

     Everyone starts thinking of ways to use their new powers, since it's only for a day. I don't think anyone's disappointed, really. I can't see what else I can do, so I read their thoughts. Looking around, everyone's taking different approaches. Seto has already left, Kido is beating up Kano (of course), Marry's already in her room: "Come here little birdies! Aah! P-P-People stay awaaay!"

     Hibiya is jumping onto everyone's phones and playing YouTube videos. He's still not as annoying as Ene. Where is she, actually? Sitting by Konoha. Maybe I'll join them later.

     Momo's in the corner of the room, talking with Kido now. She sees me and smiles. "Ah! Shintaro looks good in that jacket as always. He looks happier too! He looks so nice when he is!" ... Momo?

     Again, thoughts fill the room along with the commotion. It still bugs me... I think I need some soda right now...

     Then Momo comes into the room.

     What?! But she's there and... there also... Then I get it. Someone's got the deceiver on.

     Everyone leaves through the door as Momo calls them for something. That leaves me and the deceiver. She smiles sweetly and innocently at my angry look that says "Explain". Her eyes, bright red, fade to a dark brown and her whole form is revealed.

     It's Ayano. I should have guessed. She wasn't in the room, and I didn't notice. She comes over and sits down on a sofa with me. None of us say a thing for a while. Then she stutters.

     "S-so? How's your power going...?"

     "Okay, I guess," I reply, not managing to meet her eyes.

     "... I'm sorry...?" She says.

     And then I fly off into a rant.

     "Why Momo of all people?!"

     "I wanted to try being an idol..."

     "How come you got the deceiver eye power?!"

     "I don't know! It's random, isn't it?"

     "And what was the thing about the jacket?!"

     "..." She blushes, looking down at her hands cupped in her lap. Then I realise that I've been making her uncomfortable.

     "...Sor-" I start, but she cuts me off, looking me in the eyes and raising her voice.

     "You look like a hero!"

     "Well, you look like a cola bottle!" She looks at me strangely and I start to laugh with her.

     "Well, you've got the red label," I say, pointing to her scarf, "And the cola," I explain pointing to her hair and black uniform. After that, we just laugh together at the stupidity of it all.

     Then we stop and look in each other's eyes, mine glowing red.

     "You want to kiss me right now," I say smiling.

     "N-no!" She stutters, moving away, but I grab her arm.

     "Don't worry," I say calmly, "If you could read my mind you'd see the same thing."

     And then I kiss her. I don't know why. But I do know that even without my power, I'll never forget it.