Chapter One

"Ross, are you ready yet?!" Riker yelled from the living room.

I sighed, closing the zipper of my bag.

"Come on dude. Everyone's ready on time, why are you always the last one?" Rocky said, leaning in the doorframe of the room I shared with Ryland.

"Sorry if I'm the only one not a bit excited about this trip. I mean, come on, why can't I really stay home?"

Rocky have me a look "Because last time we left you alone at home, you-"

"I don't need to remember that!" I cut him off "I know what happened, but that was 2 years ago!"

"Ross let's go already." He said, as he turned around and walked out the room.

I knew there was no point on fighting, so I just gave up.

I picked my luggage and walked to the garage, where I found everyone - less Riker - inside the car. I throw my bags on the trunk and walked to the backseat, where I sat next to Rydel.

"Uh, finally! What took you so long?" Ryland asked

"The amount of how I want to go to this trip." I answered, sarcastically.

"Ross we already talked about that." Riker said, closing the driver's seat door. "Mom and dad went to the Caribbean cruise for their wedding birthday, there's no way we're leaving you alone at home."

I sighed.

"Never again." Riker said, while all of us mocked him.

He turned the engine on, and we headed to Ratliff's house. I looked over the window. He lived kinda far, 11 miles away, to be exact.

"You sure mom and dad didn't rent it to anybody this month?" Rydel asked

"Yeah. I mean, I checked the records at least three times. No one rents the house since 2010." Riker said

This was gonna be a long ride...