Chapter 2

My mind was a whirlpool of thoughts. The door is open. Do I go inside? How would I help? I remembered I needed to call the emergency line.

  I ran back away from the door and pressed myself the brick wall next to it, frantically pulling out my phone and dialing the number.

  "Emergency service, how can I assist you?" Chirped the girl on the line.

  "I-I... there's a-a guy inside the school w-with a gun," I said in a hushed voice. "H-Help us."

  The rest of the call was a blur, I can remember telling her as much of the address that I could think of, and the school name, but I was focused on calming myself down and listening to what was happening in the school.

  As I finished the call, my mind went crazy again. Should I go in? What if my friends are hurt? Is he still there?

The shots seemed farther away that they were before so, with as much courage I could gather, I slowly and quietly opened the door into the school.

  It was horrible. There was blood all over the floor. As soon as I saw it, vomit rushed to my mouth. I can't puke, it would make too much noise. I tried to swallow it down as best as I could.

  Trying my best to avoid the bodies, I walked against the wall, facing towards the end of the hall way. I saw him, his back towards me, in the hallway across from this one. The music hallway. My choir room is in there! Mr. Hudson! The 9th graders are in choir this period! Oh god.

  Another wave of nausea hit me as I moved farther along the wall. I saw a classroom across from me with the door open and decided to stay in it to hide. The hallway between me and the door is covered in blood.

  As I stepped out to cross the hallway, I held my hands in front of me, in case I slipped. I carefully walked with small steps towards the door, until his gun went off again. The shot scared me, and I slipped backwards. I yelled in pain when I hit the floor, before covering my mouth in fearful realization.

  He definitely heard me. I'm dead. The people around me are dead. I'm dead.