Chapter 3

I slowly turn my head towards the hallway he was in. I see him, still with his back turned towards me, and let a breath out I didn't realize I was holding. I carefully got up, making sure I didn't fall, and continued walking towards the door.

He must've thought it was just someone that he'd shot over here.

My clothes were sticking to my back, probably soaked with blood. I wished for this to be over.

When I walked into the classroom, I was greeted by more dead bodies. That vomit came rushing back to my mouth. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I rushed to the trash can that was sitting by the teachers desk and immediately regretted it. Mr. Black, the art teacher, was lying dead in his chair. There was a hole going through his stomach and his arm, meaning he bled out. It wasn't quick. If only I had gotten here earlier, I might've been able to stop the bleeding just a little bit.

I heard a shuffle near the back of the room and my heart started racing.

Is it him? Did he hear me?

I dove under the desk and knocked Mr. Black out of the chair in the process. As I hid under the desk his body fell on top of me and made me collapse to the ground. I loved our art teacher dearly, but he wasn't the lightest man in the world, especially dead weight. I'm pressed against the cold linoleum floor of the art room, his weight pressing the air out of my lungs.

I heard the shuffling again, coming closer this time. I could feel tears prickling against my eyes as I thought about my past.

Is this the 'life flashes before your eyes' moment everyone talks about? I don't want to die like this. I wanted to at least date someone first.

"That's an interesting thought to have before death."

What?