Chapter 2

"Dan!" I hugged him when I saw him. His two sons, they would soon be dead. I could not bear to look into his eyes, his soul was so sad and broken. He was losing everything that he had. When his sons came out, I was already crying, and I could tell that he was about to. I could not bear to watch and was looking down at my feet as my brother read the proclamation. Despite the fake clergyman, their execution was still continuing.

"I love you boys!" and then they were hanged. I was suddenly lost in my own world. People screamed around me, yet I heard nothing. An arrow cut through one of their ropes, yet I did not see it. All I could hear was silence, and all I could see was moving blurs. Another arrow through another rope, and more yelling, this time it was like whispers. Then the final two were released. More yelling as the soldiers began to attack. My senses were back to normal, but I could not move, because of shock.

"Sable," Dan had long left my embrace to go to his boys, and when the guards began to attack, had tried to grab me to leave.

What had just happened? "Sable," Dan repeated, trying to pull me.

"Leave," I whispered, dropping my hand back down. I could feel his concerned look as he backed through the gates.

"Sable, how are you feeling?" A gentle voice asked me. "I'll help you back to your room, you need rest." I felt someone's arm join with mine and my feet begin to move as I was directed towards my room.

"Father?"

"Ah, Marian, will you come help me?"

"What is wrong with her?"

"She's in shock, two of the boys are apparently like brothers to her, so its understandable." Marian nodded, as the got me to my chamber. "I'll leave you two alone, I'll be right outside the door if you need me,"

"What happened?" I whispered again. "Will and Luke, are they okay?"

"Yes," the reply helped clear my head.

"How did I get here?" I looked around my chamber.

"My father and I helped guide you here, are you going to be all right?"

"Yes, eventually, Dan Scarlett always treated me as if I was his daughter, and his sons, they were going to be hanged, I couldn't bear it."

"Some sleep should help you," Marian said, "I'm going to leave, I hope to see you again soon."

I nodded in response. "Marian, do you still like my brother,"

"Yes, but don't tell him that," she replied then slipped out the door. I slipped out of most of my clothing, and crawled into bed, falling into dark abyss.