Our Little Cousin the Vampire Hunter (The Vampire Diaries)

She had been in this manor before, years ago. It smelled the same; cologne and pine trees mixed together. However, there was a new smell mied in with it as well, a bit musky and metalic. She knew it all too well. Blood. It was a faint trace, but nevertheless, it was there. She perched herself by the cracked open window, opening it more. She fit her fist through, just barely. The stake would surely hit the vampire in the right spot once he stopped moving.

      The hunter watched as the vampire downed the liquor in one gulp and continued yelling about how they had everything planned out perfectly and how Klaus still lives. He was tall and lean, wearing dark colors. His hair was te color of night and was a bit disheveled. He kept his head down and she couldn't see his face. The human girl grabbed his arm but he shrugged her off. She tried again and spun him so he was looking at her. She took her small hand and held his neck gently, claiming they'd just have to forget him.

      Him.

      Stefan.

      They continued looking at each other for a few mminutes before she said she had to leave, that Jeremy would be wondering where she was and if she was okay. She told him to call if anything happened. The man nodded reluctantly. Finally, she grabbed her things and was out the door. He continued walking around in a circle after that, pouring one last glass of liquor, once again draining the cup in just a single swig.

      The hunter was ready to advance but just as she was about to launch the stake, she was pulled from the window to the hard floor where the vampire had pulled her. He wrenched her up by the neck and slammed her up against the nearest wall. He tightened his grip and slammed her up against another time. The hunter had her head turned, her dark hair covering the side of her face. She whipped her head to face the bloodsucker. The line of blood that trickled from the corner of her mouth dripped to the floor. The vampire's eyes widened, as did the hunter's.

      "Damon...?"

      "...Alydia...?"