The Very Common Hell Known as High School

Damon Salvatore smirked as he looked at the clock on Monday morning. The bright red numbers read 5:30. He walked up the stairs and over to Alydia's bedroom. He knocked on the door before entering. He found his cousin sleeping soundly on the bed, engulfed in the covers and embedded into the matress. He almost didn't want to wake her. He shrugged. Oh well.

      He shook her shoulder. "Wakey, wakey, eggs, and bakey, sunshine."

      Alydia groaned loudly and turned, pulling her pillow over her face. Damon quickly ripped it off her along with her blankets. She balled herself up instinctively, body reacting to the sudden cold. He turned the lights on. She opened her eyes begrudgingly, squinting and holding a hand over them to block the light. "Eggs and bakey? Pfft. Screw you Damon."

      "C'mon on now, don't be like that," he joked. "Don't wanna be late for your first day, do you Tiny? Chop, chop! Times-a-wastin'!"

      Damon walked out after that, leaving a shivering, barely-awake Alydia by herself with the blankets and pillow on the floor. She huffed and got up, making her way to the bathroom.

      When she was finished getting ready she took a quick glance in the mirror. She had on a white V-neck with a red cami underneath it and peaking out with blue jean shorts and red Vans. Her black hair was down and staightened with very thin, short strands temporarily died neon green, pink, and blue towards the ends. Her messenger bag was brown and leather and contained all the school supplies she'd bought the day before along with her schedule Damon managed to get from her new school. She sighed before grabbing her choker.

      The choker, she had to admit, was gorgeous. She'd had it ever since her friend, who was a witch, gave it to her back in 1935. She knew Alydia was a hunter and in those days, she would always take the longest missions possible. Even though she had vervain running through her veins, the choker provided extra protection. The ribbon was black and smooth. The charm was a pretty purple stone, amethyst, she was sure, despite it's darker coloring. When the light hit it, it became a few shades lighter and you could just make out the plant inside, curved to fit perfecly within the stone. Her friend had put a pecial enchantment on it where most vampires couldn't see the vervain inside of it. It also could change colors so it didn't completely stick out, however, the original coloring of it was black and purple.

      Making sure the ribbon was white and the stone was red by running her thumb across it and thinking of those colors, she made her way down the stairs.

      "Damon! I'm ready!" she called as she made her way down the steps. Then mumbled to herself, "Ready for Hell...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      "Okay, you have your phone? Lunch money? Schedule? Stake?"

      "Yes, Damon."

      "And you know--"

      "I have to protect Elena and text you if anything goes wrong. Don't get into fights. And if I see...if I see Stefan, I have to call you."

      Her eyes seemed to sadden at that and Damon also noticed that they were tinged...blue. He blinked and she was suddenly smiling at him, her wide eyes their normal hazel. "Alydia, what--?"

      "Bye Damon!" Alydia quickly kissed his cheek and launched herself out the door. He watched as she was quickly pulled into the sea of teenagers filing into the school entrance.

~*~*~*~*~*~

      The first thing Alydia saw on her locker was the word WHORE written in Sharpie in small hand-writing. She sighed and opened it. It was a bit musky, but she was sure that's how all the lockers were. There was a single shelf towards the top to store books and such. She pulled out her schedule. Let's see. First hour is...math. Room 704. On her map she found the seven hundreds building and quickly located the room. Okay. This should be fun.