Chapter Thirteen

As I drive, I realize that I should make most of this time and do some investigating. Instead of driving home, I drive towards the forest. I park my car and jump out quickly. I walk through the canopy of trees, making my way towards the Nemeton. As I get closer, I realize that this was a bad idea. I don't know what is out here. I also should've brought my suit with me. If I have to use my powers out here and someone happens to see, they'll know who I am. I try to shake off my doubts as I reach the edge of a clearing. I can see the Nemeton stump just up ahead. I walk closer towards it. There is an eerie vibe in the air as I stop at the side of the huge tree stump. I don't know how, but I can feel its power flowing through the air. I can see how it has been summoning all sorts of supernatural creatures here. I just need to figure out a way to stop it. I walk around the Nemeton, deep in thought. What could I do? Suddenly, I hear a twig snap from somewhere in the distance. I turn around quickly to the source of noise.

"Hello? Who's out there?" I ask, instantly regretting saying anything. Way to go, Stiles. Sounding like a total amateur to a potential threat. I brace myself and stand in a fighting position. After a moment, I hear a low growl. I stand my ground, showing no signs of fear. I have a feeling that it's a werewolf. "Show yourself." I demand. The sound of feet crunching the leaves on the ground comes closer and closer until a figure steps into the light. It's a teenage boy with bright glowing blue eyes. His jet black hair covers most of his face, but his eyes stick out like glow sticks. I notice his teeth growing into fangs. "I want to kill you and feel your bones crush in my hands!" The boy snarls, an evil smile crossing his face.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Because the werewolf side of me enjoys hurting people." The boy answers.

"What's your name?" I keep questioning him, trying to figure out what to do. This boy has killed people before, which is proven by his eyes. "Charlie." He replies.

"Charlie, look. I can help you." I offer.

"No you can't! No one can!" Charlie yells back at me, his fingernails turning into claws. Sideburns appear on either side of his face. He has fully shifted into a werewolf now. I take a small step forward. Charlie steps forward too, grinning evilly. "Why are you here?" I ask. Charlie shrugs.

"I just felt drawn here." He answers. The Nemeton.

"You don't need to hurt me, Charlie. Let me help you control it." I offer once again. Charlie just laughs.

"Control? I don't want control. I love the feeling of being powerful." He smirks as he runs towards me. I sigh as I let him advance on me. Once he's close to me, I dodge his punch easily. "Come on. You have to do better than that." I smile at the teenager. He snarls and swipes at me. To miss his attack, I do a backflip and land on my feet again. "Too slow." I tease. Suddenly, Charlie howls. I walk backwards into a tree, awaiting for Charlie to try and attack again. He doesn't. He appears to be waiting for something. Eventually, a few other young werewolves walk into the clearing, all their eyes glowing blue. The last werewolf however has crimson red eyes. Great. I have to face a whole pack. The alpha walks up to me, smirking. "So you've been causing some trouble, huh? Well, it's your funeral." The man says. He looks like he's in his late 20's. He raises his hand, ready to rip my throat out. I jump out of the way, hearing his claws scratch the tree. The alpha growls in frustration. The rest of the werewolves surround me. I don't know what to do. In my state of confusion, one of the betas tackle me to the ground. She starts clawing into my skin. Another beta repeatedly punches me in the face. I swear I hear my nose breaking. Blood trickles down, some of it falling into my mouth. I yell out in pain and try to get up, only to be pushed down again by the other werewolves, the alpha included. "Thank you, Emma. You've done well." The alpha praises the girl that had originally pinned me down. She smiles over at her alpha. I struggle to move. The alpha leans down so far that I can smell his horrid breath. "I guess you don't remember me." He whispers into my ear.