08 ✧ Finding Luna

The next morning, I had a bright new idea. We should get Luna from that Hospital Wing and find out what was going on. Before my courage could diminish, I raced down to the Great Hall. "Neville!" I shouted, running up to him. He stopped eating abruptly, his spoon hovering in midair over his bowl of cereal. Panting, I sat next to him. "We... Should... Get Luna." I said, taking a piece of French Toast. He put down his spoon. "After classes? What about homework?" I smiled slyly. "I was thinking more... Right after breakfast." His eyes grew with fear, but also excitement. I took my last bite of French Toast, and leaped up. I gestured to the door. He reluctantly got up and started walking to the door. "Wait!" I said, and he stopped. "We should get Hermione, she's always good in these situations." I walked up to Hermione, but she was deep in conversation with Harry and Ron. "Never mind." I muttered, my hope smothering just slightly. I ran back to Neville and nodded. We headed off.

I pressed my ear against the door to the Hospital Wing, listening intently. "Wait, I have an idea. Hermione taught me this." I whispered, pulling out my wand. "Muffliato!" I whispered. "What's that do?" whispered Neville. "It makes everyone else in there," I said, gesturing to the Hospital Wing. "Not be able to hear us. Observe." With this, I yelled at the top of my lungs. No one came. I beamed. I opened the door and entered the room.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. We searched the entire room, and in closets. In every corner. Every place that anything could have been. Everywhere. No Luna. She was just nowhere. My plan had seemed so good yet... Nothing. Sighing, I settled in for another sleepless night.