Chapter 7

On the third day of their journey, they arrived at Winchester. “We’re here. Take your bags”, said Andrea. It was 5.00 in the evening. The town was getting ready for Christmas, as there were many decorations and lights everywhere. They bought some snacks as they were hungry. Andrea led the way to her manor. Once they reached there, Andrea’s mouth fell open. Christine gasped while Alex looked shocked. The manor looked it just came out from a nightmare. Its walls were dirty and had black stains all over them. The garden looked like a jungle because the grass looked like it hadn’t been cut for a long time and there was a car that looked liked it burned down in front of the house. “Andrea, are you sure that this is your house?’ asked Christine. Andrea stared at the manor still dumbstruck and slowly looked at Christine and nodded her head. “Something must have happened after you went to boarding school. Let’s go inside”, said Alex and started walking towards the big dirty gate in front of the manor. The burned down car was directly in front of the gate. The car was locked from the outside and it looked like someone tried to escape from the car. When they got closer Andrea saw her step-mother in the car. Andrea was shocked and quickly ran towards the car and opened the door. Her stepmother sat there hugging her legs with a shocked and scared expression on her face. “Ellen what are you doing here?” asked Andrea. “Andrea… is that really you? Don’t go inside the manor Andrea! I’m sorry it’s my fault this happened… Stay away from her. Run, Andrea… Is that your friends? Go!” blabbered Ellen. With saying that Ellen’s body turned into a skeleton and her bones dropped to the ground. There was a skeleton mark on top of her skull. The mark was blood red. Andrea screamed and backed away from the car. She bumped into Alex. She was crying. Her step-mother died in front of her. Alex too looked shocked and his face became pale but hugged Andrea and comforted her. Andrea cried on his chest. Christine couldn’t process the incident that just happened and sat down on the grass.