Chapter 8

Hope you enjoy reading my story :)

“Andrea, stop crying please. I’m very sorry about your step-mother but your step-mother asked us to get out of here”, Alex whispered quietly to Andrea. Andrea looked up at him. Her eyes were red and her face was pale. Suddenly, they heard a girl scream from inside the manor. “That is my sister…” whispered Andrea who looked she was going to faint. “We have to save my sister from whatever is inside the manor! We also have to find my father…” said Andrea. “What if the monster tries to kill us?” asked Christine who still looked scared. “I don’t care if the monster tries to kill me, you both stay here. I have to go inside and save my family”, replied Andrea. She started walking towards the manor. “Andrea, wait! I’ll go with you. I can’t bear the pain if anything happens to you. I just hope we make through this alive”, shouted Alex and started running to her. Alex pulled her into a tight hug. “Thank you, Alex. I hope so too”, Andrea whispered to his ear and returned the hug. “Well we didn’t come here for nothing, right? I’ll go with you both. Friends always stick together. Anyways you can both stop hugging each other now”, Christine said suddenly. She was standing right behind Alex and Andrea. They both blushed and released each other. They heard another piercing scream again. Alex took hold of Andrea’s hand. They three of them bravely entered the haunted manor. After they opened the big gate, they slowly made their way into the manor. Just as they stepped in, the big gate slammed shut. They three of them ran towards the gate and tried to open it. The gate did not budge. “We are trapped here! How are we going to get out?” asked Christine. “We can use the cellar and get out through the mine underground”, said Andrea and slowly made her way through the manor’s door. There were two big statues of a lion beside the marble stairs going to the manor’s door. The lion’s eyes glowed red when they stepped on the marble stairs and suddenly turned its head to look at them. The lion statue sprang alive and was approaching them. “Run!” screamed Andrea. The three of them ran towards them door. The lion’s were just behind them. Alex opened the wooden manor door and slammed it shut when the three of them were safely inside. “How did that lion turn alive? It was a statue. This place is really haunted”, Christine asked.