Chapter 9

Sorry for late update! Enjoy!! :)

The three of them were panting. Andrea took a look around the huge hall that once looked beautiful. The chandelier had crashed on the floor, the wall were dirty and the furniture looked like they had been torn apart and had blacks stains. The carpet had claw marks.

Andrea checked he watch it was 10 o’clock at night. “What should we do now?” asked Alex. “Let’s go up and see the condition of the rooms and see if my sister is in them. We should get some rest. In case the monster attacks at least we have energy to at least fight back”, said Andrea.

Christine nodded. All the rooms were in the same condition of the house. “Let’s go and check the last room, my room”, said Andrea sadly. The opened the door and found that Andrea’s room was untouched and surprisingly it looked like it was cleaned. The three of them gapped at the room.

“Well looks like the monster likes you Andrea”, Christine tried to joke. Andrea walked around room and inspected the things. Her room was painted light purple. There was a bed, a cupboard, and an attached bathroom. The decorations on her shelves were so clean and not even a speck of dust was seen.

“Well, let’s get some sleep. We will take turns to watch while the other two sleeps. I will take watch first”, said Alex and locked the door. He then walked towards Andrea’s large bed and sat down. Andrea and Christine went and got ready to sleep.

Alex scooted nearer to Andrea. Andrea curled up beside him and put her head on his chest. She yawned and fell asleep. Alex told himself “It’s a good thing I’m on watch because no matter how hard I try to go to sleep, I never will. Well not with Andrea sleeping beside me. Alex watched his Andrea sleep soundly.

“Run, Alice, run!” Andrea screamed to her sister. Alice just stood there motionless while the monster scanned her. The monster was hideous and looked like a large ugly looking bat. It had red eyes which were gleaming murderously in the dark and it had a big mark of the skeleton Andrea saw on her step-mother’s skull on its forehead.

It came toward Alice and swallowed her up. Alice screamed and disappeared inside the monster. Andrea screamed and started to run away from the monster as the monster turned to look at her.