Chapter eight

I was reading you guy's comments and started getting really excited, thanks SO much for the support. As you can see, here is the much wanted chapter, breathed into life by me rereading the first book (I'm about half way through) and rekindling my love for #tagatha. Gotta love it. I hope you guys enjoy this small preview for what is to come and PLEASE comment+vote. Also, those interested in the oneshot competition or making me a graphic please pm me.

Agatha's POV

"WAIT WHAT" I splutter, completely shell shocked and utterly furious. "The point of me coming with Ren was to escape Camelot and all the painful memories" I turn away in disgust". "I am so SICK of being lied to"

"Just think about it Aggie" Ren pleads, pulling me back.

"Don't call me that" I snap. "Why on earth do you need me to go back?"

Cletus shifts uncomfortably.  "We, the Ink Tongue, need you to rescue Tedros from a terrible, terrible fate"

"Look," I scowl. "The worst fate Tedros suffered was me leaving him, even if he doesn't realise it judging by the last thing he said to me. I don't care how supposedly 'good' I am; I am not going back there to be rejected and embarrassed by the boy I love. So stuff it"

"Agatha, please, just look at this" Cletus signals Ren, who gently nudges me to a screen on the wall. On it, I can see all of Camelot. My heart wrenches a little at the sight. My would-be kingdom. The image fades into another, this time Sophie perched on her window sill, sobbing in great, heaving cries.

Sophie? Crying? She never cries. She always goes on about how it ruins her eyes. My eyes narrow suspiciously as I glance at Cletus's satisfied smile.

"STOP GUILT-TRIPPING ME" I yell, making a bolt for the door, but Ren grasps me with a surprisingly iron grip and forces me back to the screen.

The image had changed, yet again, to the one thing that I desperately did not want to see. Tedros, He's sleeping by the lagoon that Merlin and I made what seems like years and years ago. I notice with a pang that his eyes are sunken in and his face is tight and gaunt, not peaceful even in sleep. He twitches agatatively, and I can hear his hoarse voice mumbling my name. My heart bangs wildly, and I glance at Ren to see if he can hear, because he must, he must.

Tedros cries out loudly, cracked lips forming my name again, and again.

"Agatha, I'm so sorry" He croaks, tears streaming down his face. "Please don't leave me forever. Agatha please"

By now I am visibly shaking, biting my lip so hard that I can taste the sharp, metallic blood. A rash flares across my neck.

Suddenly, he wakes with a start, and hunches into a sobbing ball. I can't leave him there. Maybe it was really all a misunderstanding. I need to see him, hold him, comfort him.

In fact, I am just about to turn to Cletus and give in when I see him lift his face, to look at something at the entrance of the lagoon. I stand numbly as I watch myself walk over to him and hold him tight as he clutches me, kissing my forehead.

"Who the bloody hell is that?" I screech, making Ren jump about a foot in the air.

Cletus looks at me gravely, smoothing a crease in his jacket. "That is the reason you need to go back"

I look back at the screen. Fire burns my heart, soul, blood.

"You can count on me"