Chapter 22

Honey awoke with a start, her eyes dancing around the room. She only had slight vision from the swelling around her face which made her panic more. Honey could barely make anything out in the room and the unfamiliar area made her squeamish. Her heart felt like it could run out of her chest at any moment.

A sudden beeping went off and Honey realised where she was. A hospital. A clamp closed over her finger measured her heart rate and a tube connected to her nose supplied oxygen. And a small circular weight rested on her lower stomach. Pulling her head up Honey tried to piece together the last 24 hours but her muscles screamed in discomfit when she moved and her face throbbed with undesirable pain.

Honey knew if she looked as bad as she felt, then she must look horrible. Her whole body ached and her stomach felt like someone had repeatedly kicked her in it.

Severe pain wracked her body with each breath she took. Honey felt broken. Alive, but broken. The pulling on her face alerted her to the fact that she more than likely had a black eye and more bruises on her face.

Her injuries seemed mild to the fact that she hadn't seen Rio, Blaze and Clay in hours and she felt like her heart was being ripped out.

"You shouldn't be moving around to much yet Honey" a deep voice said from her right. Honey whipped her head around so fast that she heard and felt the click in her neck.

The mans hands pushed gently on her shoulders until Honey couldn't help but allow him to lay her down. Her stomach flipped and she squinted though her back eye but couldn't recognise the man in front of her. His royal blue eyes filled with sympathy each time he glanced in her eyes. His face sported a thin layer of whiskers across his upper lip and chin. Beside him stood a woman in a white lab coat who held a pitying smile on her face. Her light brown hair and large hazel eyes seemed bright but held pain in them.

"Who" Honey croaked. The words ripping a pain in her throat. "Who.... Are..." Honey felt her heart beat speed up but couldn't do anything to stop it. The machine beside her left of a loud repeating beep.

"Who am I?" The strange questioned. "Tyler Whitstone, ma'm. I'm a police officer. I'm here to ask a few questions"

"Police" Honey questioned. "I want Rio" she had to stop to cough in between. "Clay, and Blaze. Now!" Honey squeaked out. Everything became too much at once and Honey felt as if the world was on her shoulders and She was slowly sinking.

A moment later Honey breathed properly again. Through the open hospital room door walked Clay, with a somber expression on his face. Pain and torment etched across his features. It didn't matter that his aunt tried to kill her, love knows no boundaries. And all Honey wanted was her men around her.

She tried to smile but Honey knew it must've looked more like a grimace. Muscles bunched and tightened across her face as the swelling becoming more painful. Squinting through one eye became difficult and tears clogged her vision.

Honey let the relief swirl around her when her eyes connected with his. In return, Clays eyes widened and a look of wonder came across his face. With in a second he was at her bedside with his head resting gently on her neck and his hand rubbing soothing circles on her stomach.

"I thought I lost you" Honey had never heard Clay voice so soft before. "My heart shattered into a million pieces when they said they found you. I thought you weren't breathing" hearing his words and watching as tears drop down his cheeks left Honey reeling. He didn't know about Lillian. It was as if he was experiencing pain for the first time, and Honey didn't like it.

"I love you" he murmured so softly that Honey almost missed it. The tears came automatically and so did the harsh breathing. The panting came next before a sob tore through her throat. "Baby what's wrong?" Clay whispered in a tormented voice in her ear. The panic starting to rise in his voice.

"Noo..North... Nothing!" Honey continued to cry. It hurt but she couldn't help it. She didn't even know why she was crying, she felt hormonal and in need of a good cry to rid her of her demons.

Clay cupped her cheek in his large palm and smiled gently. "Your incredibly beautiful Honey, do you know that?" Honeys tears dried a bit as she listened, captivated by his voice. "I can't stop touching you, Goddamn i missed you" his hand slid slowly across her abdomen. "Tell me who did this"

Guilt pored out of her heart as she heard his question.

"I..I can't" Honey rasped out.

"Tell me"

Honey shook her head in a gesture of denial. The movement causing a slight twinge of pain across her swollen face.

"Please"

Honey felt like she couldn't say much more. The stress of the last couple of days slowly breaking her inside.

Honey lowered her lashes as she breathed deeply. A slight trace of fear etched around her heart.

"Your aunt. Lillian"