Chapter Eleven. Finally, Some Answers.

-Princess Amaya's P.O.V.-

I had escaped that room faster than I think I have done anything in my entire life. I didn't need anyone having even a sliver of an opportunity to ask for me to try and provide an explanation for what had almost just happened between Isaac and I. Mostly because I didn't think I could. I didn't know why I had almost kissed him, and it terrified me to think about the fact that I know I would have most absolutely enjoyed it. Deep down... or maybe, not so deep down... I had really wanted him to kiss me. 

Pushing my thoughts aside-particularly the ones about Isaac and his mouth almost on mine-I walked down the ship's ramp until my feet hit a solid rock. I looked out at the vast expanse of rocky structures bathed in a soft, warm, orange haze. They were extravagant structures, built up a multitude of stories and decorated with the accent of diamond pieces. The rock that coated everything was a dark black; a stark contrast to the light gray that I was so used to back home, and it was remarkably smooth to the touch having been carved out by a few millennia worth of scorching lava. 

Then, I saw a hooded figure watching me. His cloak was so black that I almost couldn't distinguish him from the landscape. His eyes glowed a deep blue, illuminating the features of his bony face. I stopped in my tracks, watching him, entranced by him. Somewhere in the back of my mind, footsteps echoed from behind me. 

"Amaya," a voice said, resurfacing from the deepest parts of my brain; "come to me, we have quite a lot to discuss, my dear Queen," it added as I shook my head but kept my eyes trained on the figures. I didn't know whether or not to trust it, but I felt the deep desire to. 

"I-" I started before the voice cut me off with a sharp hiss. 

"They cannot hear me Amaya, they have no right to. You need to come with me, to trust me. I will not hurt you, I can promise you at least that much. I am going to explain the universe to you, Queen Amaya Morpheus, descendant of the divine and ruler of the Amermoon Throne," the voice said softly, throwing in a couple of titles I had not yet heard spoken about myself. I nodded my head understandingly, walking towards whatever the creature was. 

"They don't talk Amaya, that man has been here for a week now, seemingly waiting for something that he has told no person about," Isaac told me, snapping me out of my trance with his incorrect title of 'Man' considering this thing-whatever it was-was definitely not human. I looked over my shoulder at Isaac, raising my eyebrow . 

"He would speak to you if it were absolutely necessary, Prince Isaac. Now, if you'll excuse me," I replied formally, sounding very much unlike my own self before I turned back to the figure and walked right up to it. 

"My Queen," the figure bowed softly and I frowned as I watched it curiously. I've never seen a figure quite like this one, and I would most certainly remember it coming from my kingdom. How am I supposed to truthfully believe that this creature is under my rule, "I am not under you rule, actually, follow me and I shall tell you all of the secrets that you so very urgently wish to know," it added as it started to walk, or more... glide forward with purpose. I followed willingly, as if my own limbs gave no interest to the protest of my conscious.  

"Who are you?" I asked the figure as I walked by it's side and looked up at the the almost indistinguishable features hidden beneath the hood of his cloak. I could see his thin lips stretch into what I could only assume was a smile. 

"I'm not particularly a 'who' I'm afraid, Amaya," it replied as my lips curved downwards into a frown.

"Then what are you? What do I call you? And why don't you speak out loud?" I asked it in return. He laughed, his voice a deep hum sounding from the back of his throat.