A Good Boy's Revenge

I watched as my mum folded my shirt and put it neatly into my suitcase.

"Ready Nathan?" She asked with a smile.

"No, but your going to make me go anyway right?" I replied as I stepped out of my room, or should I say what used to be my room.

"Nathan we've been through this already, its only for a couple of months. Your acting as though I'm never coming back" mum replied as she followed me out into the hallway. I paused at the top of the stairs and turn to my her.

I hadn't noticed before but she looks older, her once wrinkle free face is now showing a few lines. I hadn't realised how much this had affected her. I'd just thought about myself and what was going to happen with me.

I pulled my mum into a hug, kissing the top of her head.

"I'm sorry mum. I just don't know why the police want to separate us. Why can't we stay together until the trial? And you saying a couple months doesn't make it better mum, 12months is still a whole year!" I sulked.

"Hunny we've been through this already. They can't place us together its too risky. And at least this way you get to finish Uni, your dad would have wanted you to finish school." she almost whispered the last part.

"I know" I replied, my voice threatening to break. I hated talking about my dad, I missed him so much. His death or should I say his murder still fresh in my mind.

"I'm proud of you Nathan, your dad would be too. When this is over we can start a fresh, we just need to get to trial and put those men away so your dad can rest in peace." Mum gave me a squeeze before letting go and walking back into my room to get my suitcase.

Just till trial, just till trial I chanted in my head to myself. Here's hoping I could do this...

****

"Last call for flight VA2561 to New York City, could all passengers please make their way to Gate 2 this is the last call for Flight VA2561 to New York City" the voice filled the room.

I had been told that I would be going abroad by the F.B.I it seems as though the people that had killed my dad were going to great lengths to make sure I didn't talk.

Both my mum and I had been given different names and placed under protective custody. My mum had made sure they had let me continue with my education, not that I could concentrate much with everything that has been going on.

"Have a good flight sir" the hostess said as she handed me back my boarding pass.

I sat in my first class seat. I've never flown first class before, really I should be excited but all that's running through my mind is that I'm leaving everything behind, my mum was being moved somewhere else.

We had been told that we wasn't allowed to contact each other for the first month and since we didn't know where the other was going and had no contact number for each other we wouldn't be able to anyway.

I really didn't want to leave but I knew that I had to, I had to make it to that trial so I could put those animals that killed my father away!

As the plane took of and looked at my new passport. Nate Johnson was my new alias, I guess Nate was kinda close to Nathan anyway so it wasn't much of a change I suppose. My mum had never liked anyone shortening my name.

I remember when a friend from school came over and called me Nath, anyone would have thought you'd just spat at my mother the way she reacted.

I guess I should be saying goodbye to the old me Goodbye Nathan Desureh and hello new me Nate Johnson! I sighed as I put the passport back into my hand luggage, quickly putting the hand luggage above my head before sitting back in my seat and fastening my belt.

Goodbye London, I thought to myself as the plane flowed steadily in the air. I looked out the window and watched as the world beneath me became invisible. Here's to a new life I suppose....