A Good Boy's Revenge Chapter Two

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ RECAP ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I guess I should be saying goodbye to the old me Goodbye Nathan Desureh and hello new me Nate Johnson!

Goodbye London, I thought to myself as the plane flowed steadily in the air. I looked out the window and watched as the world beneath me became invisible. Here's to a new life I suppose....

**** Chapter 2 ****

It had been a long flight and I was already feeling home sick. I thought I was used to the fast paced life but after ten minutes in New York Airport I knew I'd have to run to keep up.

There had been a car waiting for me when I'd touched down and New York's finest was waiting to give me the welcome tour.

Two guys wearing sharp black suits had greeted me with a head nod hello and a flash of the badge while telling me where I'd be staying.

I had come to know them as Special Agents Ellis and Daniels, aside from the stiff suits they we're pretty easy to talk to. They had given me a briefing of my new alias and told me that I had the week to take a look around the city before I started my first day at university.

I was half way through my second year back home, where I had been studying Forensic Science and would be continuing my Bachelor’s Degree at Columbia University.

I would still be under police protection but I wouldn’t know as they would be ununiformed. I decided to have a look around the apartment that was going to be my home for the next 12months. It was pretty spacious, each room was oversized for just one person but I wasn’t complaining, all expenses were being met by the government who seriously wanted the gang that had killed my father.

My stomach fluttered as it usually did when I talked about him, that sick feeling rising and feeling heavy on my chest. It hadn’t been long since he’d been taken from me and mum, everyday had felt like a struggle without him.

I still didn’t understand his last words to me…

“Tell ya mum I love her kido, I know I don’t say it enough but I’m proud of you son. I’m leaving the business to you make sure you look after the business for me Nathan. Keep the family’s name going, take revenge. I-I Love you..” He said to me as blood spilled from the side of his mouth, he looked deep into my eyes and smiled, his smile said so many things even though no words could be heard. His smile said he loved me and that he was proud but mostly his smile said goodbye.

Hot tears splashed on my checks as I thought back to my last memory of my dad, I don’t know what he was talking about when he said about the family business. All my life I had only known my dad to work as a sales man, I know that he was good at what he did and we never went without but he didn’t own his own business. I had tried to ask my mum about it but every time I mentioned him she would get this far away look and would daze off in her own little world so I was still none the wiser.

I shook my head my long plaits brushing against my neck and back, I think I should find a barbers it’s about time that I changed my look I know my mum wouldn’t be impressed but I need that change this was my chance to make big changes in my life especially since I had no one around telling me no.

I smiled to myself as I locked the door to the apartment and made my way downstairs

“I already said I was sorry baby, come on open the door” a deep voice said, I stopped listened to the conversation not really wanting to be caught.

“Come on baby your starting to piss me off now open the fucking door I said sorry already just get over it!” he screamed at the door that he had now started punching.