Chapter 1

People read books. Of course, not everyone can read, but many people read books. People also grow attached to the characters that come with a book.

Now, you might be thinking, "Well obviously, what kind of book doesn't have characters?" Well, this one doesn't have characters.But what if I told you that this isn't a book? In fact, what would you do if you found out that every single book you've ever read is simply a script?

Now tell me, you've seen time skips in a book, yes? Well, time skips are the characters' only free time.What if I told you that every book character is real? Of course they aren't visible to the public. They're kept in the Chamber. Think about it for a moment. All characters are real. Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Atticus Finch, Huckleberry Finn, and many others.

By now you're probably thinking, "What do you mean it's real? I've written books before, and I'm positive the characters are not real." Think about it for a moment, just this once. The characters you've created, and perhaps borrowed, reside in your mind. They live in the Chamber of your mind. The Chamber is created once you write your first book, or create a character. The Chamber may be smaller for some and larger for others, but that does not change a thing.

This is the story about the characters that reside in your mind, and what happens during their little breaks. Grab some friends, maybe a pet, and prepare to break the fourth wall.

~~~

Chapter 1- Wake Up

After a long day of work, Tara decided to go to the Chamber and rest. She had just finished playing her part in a major book, and she was exhausted. As soon as she entered her section of the Chamber, she fell into a deep sleep.

"Cut! That was perfect!" Mr. Rotcerid said. "Oh shit, 11:30 already? Get back to the Chamber! There's work to do tomorrow!" The entire cast groaned as they gathered their props and exited the Lounge. Tara yawned and gathered her belongings. Sometimes working until 11:30 at night was painful, but they had been working since 7:00 that morning, and the crew was not happy about that.

"Ms. Hobbes! There you are!" Tara's assistant, Lenora, always brought Tara some form of sugar after work.

"Yes, Lenora?"

"I, uh, I have your cookies!" Lenora said with an awkward smile.

"Oh, thanks," Tara said, "but I'm just not feeling it today."

"Um, okay, I'll just go and uh, give them to someone else. Yeah, that's what I'll do." And with that, Lenora hurriedly walked away with the plate of cookies.

"Tara, wake up!" Lenora shouted, "You're going to be late!"

Tara groggily sat up and noticed the time. "Holy shit! 8:25? Len, I have to be there in five minutes!" Lenora didn't reply, but she quickly exited the room. Tara didn't even bother to eat or shower.

She threw on her uniform for today and left the Chamber. Instead of walking like she usually would, Tara ran as fast as her short legs would carry her. After about ten minutes of jogging, Tara arrived at work.

"Mr. Rotcerid! I'm so sorry! I-"

"I don't want to hear it." Mr. Rotcerid replied.

"But I just-"

"I said I don't want to hear it. Do you know what time it is?"

"Uh, time to party?"

"No, you asshat! It's 8:50."

"Oh."

"I don't want to hear it, get to work." Before Tara could reply, Mr. Rotcerid left Tara to find her station on her own.

As she wandered around aimlessly, she spotted Lenora. As soon as Tara approached Lenora, Lenora led Tara to her set without saying anything. In an instant, people came over and got her ready for the author.

Even though they knew her appearance would most likely change, they sent her out to the author in yesterday's uniform. Authors do crazy things sometimes.

As Tara approached the author, she noticed something different. The author was different this time. Whoever the author was, they had a need for writing, rather than their leisurely writing style. Tara was used to being greeted by other characters as the author sealed the characters' fates with their pen, but she was suddenly drawn into the story. There was a different mood. Tara's thoughts instantly disappeared as the author brought pen to paper.