Part 6

Lexie stares into me. I was afraid her stare would bore holes through my skull.
Her eyes eventually flicker back and forth between my eyes and my lips.
I'm holding her close, as she was just sobbing. I can understand, finding out you have a half sister, and your dad had a whole different life, and working in the same building as a sibling.
When Derek first saw me here, I was hitting on Meredith. He walked up to me and punched me, square in the jaw.
Walking after him, I saw Addison. That didn't end well.

The next thing I know, I feel soft lips crashing against mine. They more quickly. Gentle, but rough. I find myself not being able to resist and I kiss her back. I feel her hand run through my hair, and only upper back.
I run a hand through her long, dark hair and slide an arm down her back, my hand resting on her lower back, drawing us closer together.
This goes on for a few more minutes until she pushes away.
"Mark," Lexie says, out of breath. "What does this mean? What are we doing? I was just crying my eyes out, and rambling and making a total fool of myself in front of you, and we end up kissing. Not Junior High kissing, but like full on kissing. With tongue action. And hair." Lexie says, falling against the wall behind her.
She runs a hand through her hair, and gives me a worried look.
"Lexie, it will be okay. Everything will be fine. Meredith Grey is a very nice woman, and Derek is a nice man. I'm sure neither of them knew this."
"Yeah, but the thing is I knew that a family member worked here. Maybe a cousin, maybe a sibling. I thought Dad got confused, and had drunk too much again. I guess he was serious." She rants to herself.
"Lex, Lex, look at me, alright? Your dad probably was drunk. He probably didn't even realize he was telling you. It's not his fault, or yours, or Meredith's. Now, let's get you cleaned up and ready to work on the case again." I say, pausing. "Unless you want to talk to Meredith before we go back to the family?"
She shakes her head.
"Then splash some cold water on your face, and put on some mascara." I say.
She gives me a weird look.
"I pay attention to women. Yours is in streaks downy beside of your face." I explain. She nods tried to stand up.
I end up carrying her back to the interns locker room, I pick out a pair of the lightbulb scrubs,and hand them to her.
"I can't, Mark. Can you?" She asks weakly.
I nod and begin to change her.
I lift her arms up, and slip the old scrub top off of her and slip the new one on.
I reach for the top of the scrub pants, but she's already take them off and has the new ones.
"I didn't want that to be awkward for you." She says quietly.
"Right. Well then, grab a towel, I'll fix up your face." I say.
She walks over and grabs a towel off the rack and hands it to me.
I turn on the faucet and wait for it to get warm. I then soak it under the water, and turn back to Lexie. I hold her chin with my left hand index finger, and gently rub the washcloth on her face near her eyes to get the black makeup off of her face.
I finish and gently kiss her lips.