Chapter 8

Sorry for the long wait guys :) And this is a small as chapter so I feel sorta guilty :/

____________________________________________________________________________________

FLASHBACK:

He felt his heart twisting inside him, shrinking into itself- it was running away- from the pain, the betrayal. That’s what it felt like. It was exactly what Rick wanted to do…

… So he did.

END OF FLASHBACK:

He was running in his human form. His feet were bloody, the stones and rocks cutting into his feet. They were getting torn apart; just like his heart.

He was running away from the hurt; the pain- but it wouldn’t stop chasing him.

Why was it that when things finally go right, they are taken away?

He ran harder and faster trying to get away from the pain. It was crazy- he knew that no matter how far you ran, you were always found. But he didn’t care; he wanted to believe- for just a moment- that he could run. That he could just… disappear.

That the agony in his life- inflicted on him by those he cared about most- didn’t exist.

So he pushed himself further and further.

The pain started to build and build.

The hurt started to consume him.

The betrayal started to destroy him.

Because it was a betrayal- the ultimate one- pretending to care when really he didn’t. No-one had ever cared about him. Not really.

Pain. Hurt. Betrayal.

The feelings swirling inside him, they were a whirlwind. They pushed him forward, helped him disappear.

They started to get bigger and more hurtful.

That never happened!

I’m not gay!

Ryan’s words echoed in his head.

Words he heard his brother speak when he was younger resurfaced.

He’s not right.

He isn’t gay- he is confused!

These feelings, they exploded in a yell of pain, a yell of hate.

He fell, his body exhausted. His heart broken. His spirit shattered.

Suddenly the sky parted and rain started pouring down.

It was battering down on his body, but he didn’t care. He couldn’t care about anything anymore. Why couldn’t someone just love him?

Why?

Why?

Why?

With that question running through his head he fell into an exhausted sleep, with the rain hammering down on him, and  the coldness of the rain not only seeping into his bones, but into his heart.