Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Oh MY GOD!!!!!!! It is finally the day of the thorn shorn and I have learnt so much already. I now know how to kick, punch, sword fight, shoot thorns out of my finger and everything possible to battling.

I have been doing so much training that I haven't had much time for writing. But this is what you have missed.

Conor tried to kiss Mia the next day and she refused and realised that he was a player, and dumped him (though they were never together). I didn't think Mia would last long in a relationship with a boy as she is not a boy person. So Mia now despises Conor, who is still helplessly in love with her. Its been around two weeks since them and every training session, every day, he has been begging her to like him again, but she wont give up on refusing. I know her too well now. So the only times she sees him are in her practice sessions, which she doesn't want to stop.

So right now, I am grabbing thorns off one of the many bushes and I am stuffing them into my skin. I know, it sounds crazy, but it gives me strength, and that's what I need right now. Beccy and Mia are over at other bushes doing the same. I am ready. I walked onto the ring. It was really cool, it was a round, stone circle, with markings for where we stand. I walked up to the red line and bowed to my opponent. He was a bulky boy with a snarly grin across his face. Since i'm small and thin, I look powerless, but he is in for a challenge. The judge, the man, yelled "Fight" in his big burly voice. I raced forward and jumped at the boy and he fell over easily. I put one foot on top of him and put my hands in the air. Victory!

I walked out of the ring to watch from the outside as Mia walked on, facing another burly guy. But this time, when the man yelled fight, the boy ran at Mia. She stepped to the left, put her arm out and the boy ran straight into it, tripping himself over, and Mia put her foot on his chest. "Yay, go Mia!" is shouted at the top of my lungs.

Then it was two random boys fighting. The bigger one won. Then Beccy walked on, she was sweating with nervousness as her opponent was really very large. He stepped up, carrying his flabby fat with him, going glub, glub, glub as he walked. As the man yelled "Fight" Beccy decided to do what I did. She ran up to the guy and plunged at him, rebounding and falling on her back. He started sludging over to step on her, but she got up and ran at him again and he put an arm out in front. Beccy ran into the arm and fell over, sliding right under the guys legs. He lifted his foot up (looked like a hard job) and he pt it down on her chest, crushing her. She yelped in pain and some elders had to come, pull him off and pick her up. They then took her off to give her thorns. I was up next against a skinny, underweight looking boy. He ran up to me and I put my hand up, he ducked and tackled me to the ground. OOOF!. I wasn't ready for that, but he wasn't ready for a blow in the face. I reached up and punched him, lightly. That made him back off. I gave him a hard push and with that, he stumbled backwards and fell on his back. I lightly put my foot on him, I had won again!

There were many more battles and me and Mia seemed to win them all, we were amazing! And then it came to the last battle. Me versus Mia, I was pumped. Mia walked up to the line and looked at me with her eagle eyes, as a joke. And I looked back with my eagle eyes, pursing my lips. Then we ran at each other, banged heads and fell backwards. We both slowly stood up, rubbing our heads and then we ran at each other, Mia kicked and I ducked. Then I kicked and she ducked. It went on like this for ages until finally, I grabbed her leg as she kicked and I made her really unbalanced. She fell back onto her back and I put my foot lightly on her tummy. I looked down at her with a look of glee. I HAD WON! She looked back at me with a look of I'll get you later, just you wait. I giggled and walked over to the man. "You have won!" he said, with his arms out. Chase walked up to me and hugged me "Congratulations sis, I knew that you'd win if I wasn't in the competition!" "Ooh, what?!" What the hell did he just say. Then the man stood up with his arms opened wide. "I am your dad!" So Chase is my brother...