The Prologue

Prequel

I sat with my group of Six friends in the hospital. Jade ,our little ring leader, had cancer and she was battling her chemotherapy to try to get her cure. We all sat there making her laugh trying to make her feel better as we reminisced on the passed. It was her second year with this and she was not doing well with it. All of Jade's hair had fallen out again and her skin was pale and transparent. She was super thin because the chemo made her so sick. If this round of chemotherapy does not help her she was not doing it again. She did not want to do any more therapy. If this did not work she was just going to live out the little life she had left. It was going to suck to have to leave her the most because today was was my last day in this state as my new adoptive father had just gotten a job out of state making us move.

Jade was my best friend. The one who made it ok when I had lost everything. That's how we all met. All seven of us came from the same foster home. We all had different backgrounds, different personalities but we were all good kids because one lady who gave a shit about what happened to us. All of us over the years have gotten adopted and moved out, all but Jade. No one wanted the troubled kid with a troubled past. Now no one wanted the sick kid. The kid who has a chance to die on them. Even my new parents said they could not take her on. I asked. I had to, Jade was my best friend after all and the only one of us that had not gotten adopted and she probably would never be given that chance with a family of her own.

Jade and myself were brought to the foster home a week apart. Jade was the first. She was the first of our seven to be orphaned. Her drug addicted mother got on the bad side of drug deal. Beaten in her own home over 50 bucks and a stash of drugs. Years of abuse left her broken till she got brought to that home with one nice lady who would loved us. Who showed us the meaning of having a family. Even if that family was broken and torn by different problems. All of us were from broken homes but we were family.

I was the second. My parents had been killed in a car accident. Hit by a drunk driver. Dad died in the car instantly. Mom died hours later in the hospital. I atleast got to tell her goodbye. I did not even get to pack my own bags. The social workers did that for me. Making sure I had clothes and all my necessities. I was one of the few lucky ones that got to grab a few personal items. I took all the photos that were in the house. They were now in an album in box on a truck heading out to Hell, Michigan. My new father had gotten a very nice job at a hospital a town over. He was a very good doctor and they really needed those out there. So after been adopted for over a year they were taking me away from the only family I had known for the last eight years.

"Ya Hammer." I turned to look at Viking whose real name was Sebastian. " I think your parents are here." Viking said as he motioned with his head to the door. He got his nickname because he had taken up learning how to wield a broadsword since he was ten, now he looked like a small version of the hulk but he did not used to be like that. Viking used to be the scrawny kid in school. The kid so thin you wondered if his parents fed him. Vikings didn't. His parents just didn't think he deserved food. Said he was useless. When CPS found out and took him. It was like a gift for him. He didn't hate the system like so many of us did. The system was better than what he came from so to him it was heavenly.

I turned around and there they stood. Mr. and Mrs. Hall my new parents. I had been living with them for two years now. My first year was being fostered by them then they decided to keep me. so i guess there weren't so new but to me they were new. I had just starting thinking of them as parents. As a mom and dad. They were nice enough people and I knew inside I was lucky they choose me but I just could not stop that feeling of hate that they were taking me away from the only family I had. These people in this room. They were my family. My sisters, my brothers and one of them was lying in hospital bed dying. I just could not help feel that they were the worst people on this planet.