Butterfly Summary

Just a warning, this book might be more fun if you don't read the summary. At least for the first few chapters. :) But if you're dying to know what it's about...

Aaron Gallo has always been labelled the nerd for reasons he's never understood--he dresses like everyone else, he talks like everyone else, and he's not even all that smart. All his life people have been taking advantage of him for his passive and kind nature and never really putting in the effort to get to know him. When a ghost girl named Annie comes to him and asks him for help, he thinks of it as his chance to finally step up and be something more than the nerdy kid people go to for homework questions.

But almost immediately, things start to seem off about the girl. When she follows him out in public, it almost seems as if people can see her, as if she isn't really a ghost at all. One day he discovers almost by fluke that the girl has been diagnosed with Cotard's Syndrome, a mental illness that has caused her to convince herself that she is dead. Her past life drove her to attempt suicide to escape the cards fate had dealt her, and when she realizes that her first try failed it's up to Aaron to give her a reason to live before she has the chance to try again. And that reason may just be himself.