Chapter II

Hello my lovelies! So this update has been pending for a long time. I'm sorry for the irregular updates, I promise I'm going to start updating more often.

Also, it has come to my notice that a few people were confused about the last chapter because it was a time-jump. The prologue was the night Ariel and Everett met for the very first time. The first chapter resumes from after Alaska's birth.

I hope you guys like this chapter.

••••••••••

"What I really want to tell him is to pick up that baby of his and hold her tight, to set the moon on the edge of her crib and to hang her name up in the stars."
- Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

5:45am, read the clock placed on Ariel's nightstand. She'd been woken up by the shrill cry coming through the baby monitor.
Ariel walked to the baby's nursery in a daze and turned on night light. Alaska was wide awake, her baby blue peepers
looking around in wonder.

 Alaska was wide awake, her baby blue peepers looking around in wonder

(Baby Alaska's nursery)

She picked up the baby from the crib and cuddled her to her chest, breathing in her baby smell.
She walked down to the kitchen to prepare the baby's formula. Alaska was a bit of a fussy eater, exactly like her mum as Ariel's mother liked to say.
She was heating the milk in the microwave when her mother wandered downstairs, yawning and still in her pjs.
(Ariel's parents; Alec and Emma)

"What time is Everett coming over?" Ariel's mother asked, taking her bubbly grand daughter into her arms and bouncing her around

Upon noticing Ariel's silence, she wondered if the two had a fight because Everett was around a lot most days but she hadn't seen him since the day before.
"He umm... I don't think I want Everett to come around anymore." Ariel hesitantly admitted to her mother.
"Why? What happened?" Her mother had figured something was wrong but she hadn't known for sure. She'd need to talk to Alice, Everett's mother she figured.
"He's never going to change Mom," she said sadly to her mother before explaining what had happened between them the day before.
"It's going to be okay honey. I know it seems like he doesn't want to accept the fact that he's a father but it's so obvious to all of us that he loves this little girl. He might not know it yet but she is his world." She consoled her daughter.
"I hope he does Mom, I hope you're right about this because I don't want my baby to grow up without her father in her life." Her mother ruffled her hair before taking her cup of coffee up the stairs with her.
Ariel fed Alaska her formula and trudged upstairs with the baby so she could get her ready for the day. She had an hour before she'd have to get ready for school.
She gently placed Alaska on her bed before going to the ensuite to fill up the tub with water and then put some bubbles in it, Alaska's precious yellow ducky floating in the water.
Alaska loved her baths. It was her favourite thing to do and once she was in the water she hated getting out and always made a fuss when she was taken out of the tub.
She began undressing Alaska, who upon realising that it was bath time started squealing in delight.
She placed the delighted baby in the water who started splashing around and applied strawberry scented baby shampoo to her hair and used the hand shower to wash it out. Once she had made sure the baby was clean and smelled like strawberries she swaddled her in her plush towel and carried her to the nursery where she proceeded to dress her up.
She dressed her in a cute unicorn onesie and took a picture of it to post on her Instagram and her Snapchat.

Just then her phone rang, it was one of her best friends Rose who also happened to be Alaska's godmother.

"Oh my God! Ari Alaska is so adorable. I can't wait to see her after school. Also what time are you picking me up?" She managed to fit it all in one breath.
"I'll be there by 7:30 and if you're late I'll kick your ass." Ari warned her best friend who was always late to everything.
"Late? Who me? Pfft. I'll be ready by 7:15!" She gloated.
"You know it's 7:10 already right?" Ari informed her clueless best friend.
"Shit! I have to go!" Rose cursed before hanging up.
Ari got dressed for school in her regular skinny jeans and a flower print spaghetti teeshirt and plaited her hair into a French braid.
She carried Alaska downstairs to where her mother was waiting. Emma babysat Alaska most days when she had school and when she wasn't free Alice ie Everett's mum took care of her.
She placed a lingering kiss on her baby's forehead before putting on her black ankle boots and rushing out the door to where her car was.
7:35 read the clock in her car when Rose stumbled out the door with a slice of toast in her mouth. Ari rolled her eyes at her forever tardy best friend as she pulled out of her driveway.
Soothing classical music filled the car as Rose swallowed down her toast and started blabbering about the upcoming Winter Formals. She was droning on and on about dresses and dates and all Ari could think about was seeing Everett in school.
She thought things would be awkward, maybe he'd try to avoid her or maybe he'd ignore her existence.

But she sure as hell wasn't prepared for what actually happened when she saw him in the school parking lot.

   •••••••••••••••

Dun dun dun....
Cliff hangers y'all.
Sorry not sorry.
I hope you guys like this chapter. I know it's not very long but typing on my phone is such a pain.
I promise the next one will be longer.
Song for this chapter is
Hollow- Tori Kelly.

You know the protocol.
Vote. Fan. Comment.
  Lots of love,

A. xx.