Preview

*TW: Suicide attempt and suicide idealizations, also violent crime. Please don't trigger yourself. It's based on the song Self-Conclusion by the Spill Canvas and a dash of my life.

This is just a preview of the first chapter.*

I had left my phone and IDs at home and my sister thought that I was visiting a friend in D.C. for the week. No one would miss me for a while. I took one last breath, feeling the tears stinging my eyes, but I couldn't feel what I should. There was no fear, no anxiety, no terror. I didn't deserve to be here anyway.

Letting my arms go from the beam, I inched to the edge, the tip of my toes dangling over the edge. Closing my eyes, I stepped into air.

Something pulled at the back of my shirt and suddenly I was falling backwards, my back and head hitting the pavement of the roof with a disorienting smack. I opened my eyes to blurred vision and someone standing over me. It took a few more blinks to see him clearly.

He was wearing a dark hoodie and a blue beanie with chestnut curls peeking out from under it. His eyes were a clear blue-gray and he looked murderously angry.

"What the fuck were you doing?" He asked me. His voice was low and scratchy, like he hadn't used it in several hours. I frowned at his tone.

"What did you think?" I snapped, my anger growing as well at my disruption. "Trying to die."