Something In The Way

He always acts like he has no emotions. Those goodnight texts were everything. It didn't even last long but how could you go from telling someone you love them to ignoring everything you had and moving onto someone else? Doesn't he know she'll never love him like I did? Like I do?

  They tell me they know it hurts, but no one fully understands. I thought we had everything, but I was nothing but a second choice. I will never, ever, be anything but a second choice, maybe even third. I should've known nothing was ever going to last, I should've known he would end up with her even when she admitted she doesn't love him. I was just happy to have someone, I was too stupid to notice he loved her the whole time and was only with me because he couldn't have her. When he realized he didn't actually love me, he left. I thought it was because he needed a break or something or he wanted to focus on other stuff, but it was because nothing was ever real.

  There was something in the way of his heart, a gate so that I could not enter. She was the only one with access. And she didn't even want  it. The only one he could or would ever love, and she didn't even like him back. She was his everything, like he was mine.

  When we fell for each other, we were both just distractions from other people we loved, from hopeless dreams.

  Damn, how did I end up being more heartbroken from someone who never supposed to mean this much to me? We were just helping each other, and he's right, I got too attached. But how can I let go now? Love isn't supposed to fade within a week, it took me months to even realize he never loved me, how should I let go so quick?

  I guess maybe now I should just forget about everything we had, just like he did...