Downer

As soon as school let out, my mother sent me to my grandmother's house for the summer. No spending time with my friends before I left, no spending time with my siblings. She wanted me on the first plane there, so that's what happened.

  As for my other siblings, I wasn't actually sure where they'd went for summer. Did my mother ship them off, too?

  I figured I would stay in the house all summer, which wouldn't be so bad. I loved my grandmother very much. She was your typical soft grey-haired, short, sweet old lady. However, she was very adventurous, which was of course a plus.

  When the plane landed in New Jersey, my grandmother was already waiting to pick me up. I went to her immediately and hugged her very tight. It had been a while since we saw each other. "I missed you, honey," she said, hugging me. "I missed you too, Nene." "Are you hungry?" she asked. "No, I'm fine," I explained. "Come on, let's go eat," she said. I walked with her outside of the airport, and we stopped in front of the doors. Nene looked around the area before saying "Let's go". We darted across the street into the full, but not busy, parking lot. She led me to a bike rack where there were 4 bicycles and 3 motorcycles parked.
  She gets on a sleek black motorcycle first and tells me that the spray-painted rainbow one is mine. Hesitant and amused, I slowly get on it. "What are you waiting for, slow poke? Hurry up!" she exclaimed, laughing. She began to drive, and I followed her. Once we were out of the parking lot, she picked up speed, and I followed closely behind.
  We sped down the highway and further into the city. "Where are we going?" I yelled out. "What?!" she yelled back. "WHERE ARE WE GOING?" I yelled louder. "You'll see, dude!" she yelled. After about 10 more minutes, she pulls up to a Wendy's and I follow behind. She parks in an empty spot, and I follow her example. We walk into the Wendy's and go straight to the front of the line. "I'll take a salad," she says. "Which salad, ma'am?" asks a red-haired woman with green eyes and a thin, freckled body. "Surprise me, dear," says my grandmother. "What would you like?" the woman asks me. "French fries..? I guess. A small fry please," I say. Soon, our orders are done and we sit down to eat.
  "How has school been, love?" asked my grandmother. "Well," I lie. I swallow hard. "And home?" she asks. "Fine," I say, my voice cracking. At this, Nene looks up from her food to glance at me. After about 3 seconds, she blinks and looks back at her food.
"It can't be that bad, right, my dear?" she asks. I thought this question was about my answer, like she would somehow know I was lying. She was asking about my food, in reality. I had stopped eating. I begin to eat, again.

  "We should get going," she says, piling up her trash to throw it away. I do the same.
  We walk outside and the air has changed. As we get onto our motorcycles, it feels less humid, and the air feels crisp enough to cut my brown skin.

  Going to her house is simple, I have been there many times in the past. So, I know where I'm going.

Soundtrack-
Can't live without You-FFR
Lounge Act-Nirvana
Something In The Way-Nirvana
Molly's lips -Nirvana
Polly-Nirvana
Here she comes now-Nirvana
4u-Blackbear
Obvious-Blackbear
90210-Blackbear