Chapter 3. Dreamful Sleep At Last

I smile at Ink's reply as I feel my cheeks heat up a little. "Really?" I ask Ink in slight disbelief while Ink looks up at me and grins. "Yep.." That's when I realized how hungry I was as I heard my stomach let out a low growl. Thankfully, Ink didn't hear it or at least I don't think he heard it. "Inkyyy I'm hungryyy.." I say in a whiney and cute voice making Ink's cheekbones turn into rainbows as he seemed to forget something. "O-Oh s-sorry! I f-forgot to ask if you wanted anything to e-eat.." Ink stutters out a bit embarrassed as he hides in his scarf a little making me giggle. "Yeah!" I reply happily to him. "But I'm coming with you for..protection..." Ink says it seemed like he was just saying that because he wanted to come along and it wasn't really to 'protect' you. "Okiez!" I reply full of excitement sounding like a little kid. Ink extends his hand out to me which I grab almost as if on time. I feel the familiar dizziness take over me as I see a quick flash of light for a milisecond until we were in front of a restaurant with a sign on top of the building labled 'Muffet's' (Thought about making it Muffets instead of Grillby's because Grillbz is a bit O.R <------- Stands for Over OverRated :P so if you haven't figured it out yet, you're in Underswap with Ink right now.) I look over at Ink after regaining clear sight and not 'dizzy sight'. Ink looks back at me and smiles as he gently grabs my hand and we walk inside the restaurant together. We take a seat and small circle table that's made for two people to sit at with a lit candle in the middle of it emitting a surprisingly sweet scent from it. Ink and I talked about random stuff and threw a few jokes at each other as I was actually enjoying my time with Ink until it finally dawned on me, I was on a DATE with a skeleton! I mean he's cute and all but thinking about all this makes me feel a bit uncomfortable and nkt wanting to joke or talk to him any more because we all know what happens at the end of a date, you kiss your date. "Um..Y/N?" Ink calls me trying to get my attention which I don't give to him and remain silent instead until a spider lady walked up to us wearing a chef's outfit but since there were no waiters or waitresses in the diner, she must of been the waitress as well. "Hello, welcome to Muffet's I am Muffet the owner,Chef,and waitress now how may I take you lovely peoples' orders?~" Muffet greets us with a question at the end as she pulled a notepad and pen out, ready to take our orders. "Hm..Just get me some ketchup.." Ink says quietly before looking at me while Muffet quickly writes down what Ink wants. I quickly skim through the menus and the food selections until deciding tl make my final order. "I'll take the donut with a sprite I guess.." I say to Muffet who nods and quickly jots down the order then walks away from our table to head to the kitchen that only she could enter. "Y/N..Why are you ignoring me?" Ink asks me with a saddened expression on his face. "...." I stay quiet not really wanting to make eye contact with him and instead look around the small diner to find all kinds of monsters there. "Y/N!!!" Ink calls to me a bit louder that it almost seemed like he was yelling at me, he was clearly angry. I let out a small sigh before turning around and looking at him. "What is it, Ink?" I ask him with a fake smile trying to be positive like I normally am but that only seems to give me the reward of a sharp glare from Ink. "Stop ignoring me! What's wrong is all I'm asking!!" Ink yells slightly at me through clenched teeth all while trying his best to hide his anger. "..Do you really want to know?" I ask Ink calmly and quietly while he gives me a serious look on his face and nods. "Then ya gotta stop yelling at me first.." I state as I cross my arms a little. Ink takes a deep breath and exhales, clearing his mind a little and calming down. "I've been ignoring you because I just realized that this is basically a date.." I explain to Ink truthfully noticing Ink's eyes widen, a bright rainbow now seems to be getting worse by the second rises to his cheekbones. "I-I n-never thought o-of i-it like that!" Ink stutters as he seems to be blushing uncontrollably and is unable to stop making me giggle at his state he was currently in. We eat our short meal as we continue to talk to each other since Ink clearly didn't think of our hanging out with each other a 'date' and headed back to the Anti-void. Once we got there, I hadn't realized it until then that I was completely exhausted as I felt my body starting to give out on me making me collapse. Thankfully, there was a couch there that I had never seen before sitting where I was about to collapse and so instead of cold endless white space, I landed on a comfy green couch and slept the night away, dreaming about my day with Ink.

Short Ink POV

After we finished eating, Y/N and I went back to the Anti-void where she then appeared to be quite worn out and looked like she was about to collapse so I quickly drew a couch right where she would land if she collapsed. Sure enough I was right, she did collapse. I let a small sigh as I smile, remembering every moment of the day I had with her before drawing another couch, a comfy blue one and layed on it, letting my drowsiness take over me and wrap me up like a blanket as I close my eyes and for the first time, I actually have a dreamful sleep.