5. Discoveries

Alixe and Warden were walking back to the temple, with food for their journey. This time she didn't let herself admire the forest, her head was filled with questions. Yelena told her that she has Taeda blood, but she could not exactly say how much. It had seemed less than a half breed but that could be because of the fact that she had lived on earth and not here in Vhytera where magic exists, Yelena had explained.

"We'll visit the Alym to find out what you're heritage is Alixe, The Alym know everything." Warden said. His voice so calm that it calmed her mind a bit too.

"Why are you helping me? Not that I mind, but I'm wondering." Alixe asked.

Warden looked at her while they walked and then looked ahead again.

"I'm helping you because I believe I had to, it's my duty to protect Zelixs and although I did not know if you were one, I couldn't let you bleed out on the ground."

"Thankyou", Alixe said and she truly meant it. If it wasn't for this kind man she would have been very dead.

Warden replied with a nod and a faint smile.

"So The Alym know everything, is that their power? Like Yelena had healing powers?" she asked.

"Yes, they also have the power to take away someone's knowledge. Every tribe has a certain power, but because we have these special powers there's a price we pay, every power has an opposite."

"I don't see the down side of being able to take someone's memory?" Alixe said. "It could come in handy sometimes, although it might be a cruel thing to do."

"Using your so called 'negative power' will not do much harm if you use it in small amounts, when you're in danger for instance, but when you use your 'negative power' frequently it will start to control you and you will lose yourself to it." Warden explained.

She thought about that for a moment, lost to magic, she didn't even know if she was able to use hers, she should have the ability to heal, since she's part Taeda, but what would her other power be?

"Will I be able to use my powers?" Alixe asked, they were reaching the gardens around the temple now.

"When we get to Zelerean, where the Zelix live, we'll start training you. I think your powers might take a while before they show themselves, because your body is not used to magic, it has to adapt." Warden said.

She wanted to know more about the tribes and their powers, but they were heading inside the temple to meet Jax, wash up, pack and go. Her questions would come later, she had loads of time here anyways.

They reached the living room where they sat earlier, Jax was sitting on the sofa.

"Are the wolves ready ?" Warden asked.

"They're well rested and ready to go" Jax said while standing up from the sofa.

"Wolves??" Alixe asked with panic in her voice.

"This is going to be fun" Jax said with a grin on his face.

No, it wasn't going to be fun at all, she thought. She was afraid of wolves. She had encountered one when she was hunting two years ago, and she had the scars on her leg to remind her. She couldn't hunt for two weeks and almost starved to death.

"We travel on wolves" Warden said. "You'll meet them after you wash up. Jax will show you where the washingroom is."

Jax looked at Alixe, "Right this way."

She followed him up the beautiful stairs she had seen earlier. They entered the hallway with all the doors, she didn't even remember in which room she slept in.

Jax halted and opened the door on his left side, he let her walk in first. The floor was made of black marble with hints of grey and white. The walls of the washroom were covered with  white tiles. There was a sink on the right wall and a toilet on the left.

"There's soap and a set of clean clothes and towels on the rack." Jax said. "Take your time we have a long journey ahead.''

"Thanks, I won't be long." Alixe replied and looked at him, she noticed his chest and shoulder muscles, he was probably a trained fighter and handsome in a way. She tried to look away not wanting him to notice she was looking at him like that. He probably hadn't noticed because he was walking towards the door. She looked at him while he started to close it but then stopped.

"Don't worry about the wolves, Alixe. They're nothing like the ones on earth.'' And then he closed the door.

Jax

He was heading back to warden down stairs, while he thought about how scared Alixe had seemed about the idea of meeting the wolves. He had felt her fear and got glimpses of information about what had happened. Alixe running, looking back to see the big wolf that was after her, then she fell and then her leg, bleeding. No wonder she was afraid, but Raul or Scar would never hurt her, the link between us and the wolves is too strong to let them.

He reached Warden in the living room, he was sitting in that 'thinking state' of his again. Despite of his concentration he looked up and noticed Jax.

"Jax, I've been thinking'' Warden said with a frown on his face.

"I can see that" Jax replied. Wardens frown disappeared. Jax relaxed a bit, he didn't like seeing Warden like this, because he only saw him like this when things were about to get complicated.

" smartass" Warden replied. "I'm actually very serious, I've been thinking about Alixe's heritage and if I might have known her parents. You know the chances of Zelixs having children is very slight wright?

"Yes, I know we don't have any Zelix babies at the moment.'' Jax said, he remembered a few years ago a young Zelix couple was pregnant, but when she gave birth the baby soon died.

"Well, twenty-three years ago a Zelix couple had a Boy, but they kept hidden during the pregnancy and the birth, I found them when I was on patrol, I heard the woman screaming while she was giving birth. I helped deliver the boy and I stayed in contact with the couple for a while, I understood why they wanted to stay hidden, a child born of four different power sources could become a threat for the tribe leaders one day.''

"Being a Zelix alone is still for most 'full-bloods' something you can't be proud off" Jax said calmly. "But I don't really see what this has to do with Alixe?"

"Three years later the couple had a girl."

Jax heart dropped, Alixe could easily go for twenty years old.

"You really think.." Jax tried to get out.

"It would explain how she got here, even without the knowledge of portal traveling, she was powerful enough to get here." Warden interrupted. "We can't tell her until we train her, it's too dangerous, she has no experience with magic whatsoever, we need to get home fast and start her training."

-----------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Hope you liked this chapter.

Please vote and leave a comment if you did!