Chapter 2- Connection to Love!

The next day I woke to the aroma of some cooked breakfast food. It was a sunny summer  morning, two weeks before school. I was a little nervous about going to this new school starting my 11th grade year off at. I will only have two years of being at that school. I spent my whole life in Miami, and now I'm all the way up North in Brooklyn, New York. So far it is off to a good start.

"Diamond, where is my red lipstick?" my loud sister Leona screamed barging into my room.

"Girl, I don't know, and you know that I don't wear lipstick," I said while still half sleep.

"Well why is it on your dresser then missy?" she questioned me.

"Remember, you come in my room just to put your make up on because you say my mirror is more clearer than yours," I said.

She got her lipstick and walked out my room just looking at me. When she is guilty of something, she looks at you and just walk out saying nothing. That's how you know that she is I heard another footstep come into my room. I pulled the covers over my face so whoever it was wouldn't bother me out of my precious beauty sleep.

"Dime, get up I know you are not sleep," my brother said while pulling the covers away from

my face.

"King, stop I want to go back to sleep, leave me alone," I pouted like a big baby.

"We fin to run the track today so get up and eat some breakfast mom just cooked. You fin to get back in shape for track so you can join the school track team." He said with a straight face.

"But King," I said while rising up from my bed.

"But nothing Dime, now get up and get dressed," he said while walking out my room.

I have been stretching, but not running much like I used to. Why? Because my #1 fan is not alive anymore. My dad came to every track meet I had since I was in 7th grade in middle school.He was always the only parent there just to watch me, his baby girl, to pursue his dream that he never could pursue.

I snapped out of my thoughts and got out of bed and brushed my teeth. My bathroom connected to my room is so beautiful. It is aqua blue. It looks just like the ocean. I looked in the mirror and was literally feeling myself. You know when you have that moment sometimes, you just boast about yourself in a good way to your own self. I do that sometimes even though some people think that it is weird. I keep myself up as a young lady because I think that it is respectful that I do.

I went into my huge closet and picked out my tomboy outfit for today since I am going to be running. I picked out my red and black gym shorts, my black and red shirt that match my gym shorts, my black and red roshe shoes, and my black and red Nike socks. I put my hair in a messy bun and wore no make- up, even though I never wear make-up. I grabbed my phone and headphones and went straight to the kitchen to eat.

"There goes my sugar foot," my mom kissed my forehead saying.

"Good morning ma," I said.

"Good morning, here is your waffles, bacon, grits, eggs, and a glass of orange juice," my mom

sat a plate in front of me while I gazed at it.

"Thanks ma," I said while taking a bite into my bacon.

Leona and King walked in arguing.

"Stop acting like you my dad King, dang let me be," Lee said loudly.

"I'm only trying to look after you like I should," he said.

"I don't need you being so overprotective over me dude," she said.