Chapter 1

Hello! This is my first fanfiction! Hope you like it, and Chapter One is basically when Tauriel is about 5 or 6. By the way, the picture of Tauriel on the cover is Stella Siebelink's of Pinterest!

Tauriel's POV:

Thump. Thump. Heavy footsteps getting closer and closer.

"Gimb anausan ukurvivoruk! (Find any survivors!)" says and awful, guttural voice.

I feel a vice-like grip on my arm, nails digging into my flesh.

"Auta! Nurta! (Go! Hide!)" I hear my mother hiss.

"But-" I began. I wanted to fight, like my father. Not hide like a coward.

My mother shot me a glare that allowed no argument.

CRACK!

I could hear the voices breaking down the door. Terrified, I sprinted away to my closet and bolted the door. A terrified scream that haunts me in my dreams reached my ears. Then, an awful, crazed laugh.

The sound of a horse's hooves broke through the nightmarish voices.

"Kill the orcs!" I hear a feminine elf voice command.

My heart lifted. Help was here!

Then, because of my keen elf ears, I hear something I never wanted to hear.

"P-please, find her, s-she's i-in the c-closet...please..." I hear a choked voice, belonging to my mother.

I hear a murmured prayer from the elf commander. A death prayer.

Tears fill my eyes as I sink down to the floor of the closet.

"Naneth!" I let out a shriek of pain and grief.

"The daughter!" I hear the commander say.

But then, my conscience slips, and I fade from that awful moment.