★Prologue✖

Luke POV

I woke up to the sound of sobbing coming from the bathroom and i checked the time, nearly 3 am. I saw Calum and Michael were still asleep so it must've been Ashton. I knocked on the door softly "Ash? are you okay in there?" I whispered. of course he isn't Luke he's fucking crying

"I-im f-fine Lukey" he stuttered. I knew something was obviously wrong because 1. he was crying i'd never seen him cry about anything so I figured something must be wrong. 2. he seemed okay earlier, his normal giggly self.

"Ashton. No you aren't you're crying please let me in" I said quietly. I've always felt somewhat protective over him, he was the youngest of all of us and the most sensitive. He was bullied at school but he didn't seem to care about it, not paying attention to them.

"I said I'm f-fine L-Luke" he said, voice shakier than before and he sounded farther away from the door. I tried opening the door, glad it was unlocked.

"Ashton!"

~flashback~

"I finally found a drummer!" Michael had said, "though he is a bit younger than us"

"Exactly how old is he Mikey?" I asked

"He's 15" he said "not younger than us, only 2 years younger than Luke"

"sounds good. when's he coming?" Calum asked

"oh um about that, he's on his way..now" Mikey said

"and you're just telling us now?" I asked "do you at least know his name?"

"he seemed really excited and yeah, his name's Ashton. Ashton Irwin. now shush" he said when there was a knock on the door going to answer it. He opened the door and a rather short, curly haired, smiley looking kid stood there. "Hi!" he said, literally fucking giggling, I noticed he had a sweater on even though it was pretty hot out. But I didn't think anything of it (stupid decision) because maybe it just made him feel safe. "I'm Ashton" he said smiling as Michael let him in.

"I'm Luke" I said, smiling at his general sunshinyness.

"I'm Calum" Calum said "And you already know who I am" Michael laughed.

We had spent most of that day getting to know Ashton, he was a rather happy person and was literally a ball of sunshine and just really adorable.

~end of flashback~

He seemed so happy...i didn't think he'd do this. He was sat against the bathtub, crying into his knees blood coming from his arms and a razor in his hand. I was frozen for a second, wondering why the giggly bubbly drummer would do this. Then I realized I had to do something and went over to him helping him stand up. Almost as soon as I touched him he whimpered and tried pulling away, panicking and more tears clouding his eyes.

"Hey, calm down Ashy its just me it Lukey I won't hurt you I just wanna get you cleaned up okay?" I said softly, my arms wrapped around his waist from behind. He also seemed really small, he was pretty short, about 5'4" a foot shorter than me, and really skinny. He nodded, letting me run water over the cuts on his arms, the blood going down the sink mixing with the water. I was still surprised, he was only 15 what had made him do this. He never seemed so upset before. When I finished cleaning them, making sure the blood had stopped, I wrapped his arms up, covering the cuts so they could heal and not get infected. After I finished I turned him around so he was facing me, he had his head down, looking at the floor. I lifted his head so he was looking at me. He honestly looked so sad so I just pulled him into me, hugging him tight, he buried his face in my chest, clinging to me. He was still crying, letting out silent sobs. i ran my fingers through his hair, rubbing his back.

"Ashy...tell me what's wrong...please?" I said quietly, he shook his head, and buried it in my chest. I sighed and nodded "okay ashy...let's go cuddle yeah?" He nodded and let me lead him back to Mikey's room. I pulled him to where I was laying previously and layed with him, wrapping my arms around his waist as he nuzzled his face in my neck, falling asleep almost immediately, me following soon after.

Word Count: 741

~Diana

(2 people will be writing this so we'll put our names)