Chapter two-Disguise

[Chapter two-Disguise]

            "What the hell are these?" I asked my parent's, scrunching my nose up at the fake glasses and braces. Please don't tell me their going to make me wear them.

            "Your going to be wearing them in America," I groaned as my Mum explained. "We know about your player ways, and it's time we put a stop to it. Think of it as a fresh start!"

            "Whatever happened to being the real me? I thought parent's were supposed to encourage their kid's to show the world who they are? Not make them dress up as a hideous nerd!" I frowned.

            "It's for the best. You got kicked out of your past six schools for being caught in the act! And once with your bloody teacher!" I smirked when my Mum talked about doing the dirty with one of the teachers. I can't help that my irresistible charm worked on a teacher, can I?

            "Wipe that smirk off your face and get finished packing. We're leaving tomorrow if you don't remember!" My Dad said, leaving the room. I sighed in exhaustion.

            "He's right. Not long to go now!" My Mum chirped happily, following my father out of the room.

I rubbed my forehead. All I've done these past two day's is help box thing's away and pack suitcases. Who knew it could be so tiring? And, I have to endure a long flight tomorrow! Jet lag, here I come....

            "So Mum was being serious when she told me she was getting you a disguise for America. Oh this is hilarious!" Ari chuckled, walking into the room with her pyjamas on and UGG slippers. In her hand's was a steaming mug of hot chocolate.

             "I wouldn't be laughing if I was you. She's getting you one as well!" I smirked, joking around. I swear Ari almost dropped the mug when she heard what I said. Her mouth dropped open and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. She got up and left the mug on a small fold away table that's there because the other tables have been packed away, and ran out the room.

              "Mum! Mum! Please don't make me wear a disguise too! I'll be good, I promise!" Ariana shouted. I could hear the bangs of her feet which meant she was running up the stairs. I chuckled. My sister is far to gullible.

I got up myself and walked upstairs to my room. I still haven't finished packing my thing's away yet, and I'm running out of time. Picking up my favourite football shirt, I sighed as I thought about how  much is about to change. In less than twenty four hours, I will have to start calling this a 'soccer' jersey. And I haven't a clue how to work out the currency. I'll be paying more for a packet of Doritos soon. Wait, they do sell Doritos don't they? If not I'll have to stock up before I leave.

As I stuffed the shirt into one of the boxes, I heard my door creek open. I spun round and smiled at Grace who was standing in her princess pyjamas.

               "Alright Grace?" I said, sitting down on the small air bed. She nodded her head. "Shouldn't you be asleep right now? It's way past your bed time."

I watched as she sleepily walked over to me and slid onto my lap. Without saying a word, she wrapped an arm around my neck and put her thumb from her other hand in her mouth.

               "I want to stway with you."

               "Grace, c'mon now. Back to bed." I said, standing up and holding onto her so she didn't fall. Before she was born, I didn't want anything to do with kid's. But I guess you only find out if you do after your experiences.

I gently kicked the door open and walked down the hall. Opening the door to her pink and cream bedroom, I lay Grace down on her bed, making sure to grab Cuddles and wrap her arms around it. I stood watching her as she fell asleep, and once she was, I left the room to carry on with my packing.