Ch 5

It has been two hours and the power still hasn't come back on. I have tried to call the police like six billion times but I still get absolutely nobody answering. Whiskey keeps pawing at the door. I tried to explain to him that the door was blocked off by a crap load of snow. It had stopped snowing about three hours ago. This had to mean it had been snowing for nine hours straight. It's too cold to sleep. Whiskey can sleep somehow except now he's pawing at the door. Then out of the blue I got an Idea. Could Whiskey dig us out? I opened the door and then Whiskey bolted into a pile of snow. He backed up and started digging. It was hard to follow him but as soon as we got out I noticed my car is halfway up in snow. I started walking to Mitch's house. He would know what to do. I was walking when it started snowing again. My jacket was freezing. I was halfway there when wind really kicked up. I started walking slower due to the wind and snow hitting my face. It took me hours to walk and I felt like couldn't walk anymore. I looked behind me and started to realize I had barely gone two miles due to this snow. I fell to the ground. I realized I should have stayed at home. I tried getting back up but I couldn't. I thought I was going to die. Then all of a sudden there was Whiskey howling his lungs out. I tried to tell him to stop but I was to weak. I touched his fur and then felt myself blacking out. I thought it was over then it was him. Mitch. He wasn't wearing any winter clothes and he threw his coat around me and set me down in his passenger seat. Before I blacked out I kissed his hand and everything went still.