Chapter 2

Jay POV

I woke up to the sound of my moms banging on the door. I rolled over and saw it was 7:30. Fuck I had 20 minutes to get to school. I jumped out the bed and took me a quick 5-minute shower and jumped out brushing my teeth and washing my face. Then, I hurried into my room to put some lotion on and threw on some khakis, a black v-neck tee and my vans. I pulled my hair back and grabbed my backpack from by the door and grabbed my keys.

"I'm out ma!" I yelled to my mama who was gettin ready for work.

"Alright! Love you!" she yelled. I was already out the door.

Before I could even walk down the stairs my phone started buzzing. I looked down at my phone I bet you could guess who it was.

"Hello?" I answered getting in my car and starting it.

"NIGGA WHERE ARE YOU!?" Tay yelled.

"Im leaving the crib now nigga, chill I'm coming to school." I said to her.

"I'm just sayin, you know you don't need to be tardy anymore." she said, I could see her brown skin ass rolling her eyes now.

I sped to school taking shortcuts so the police wouldn't see me. I pulled up and jumped out and ran into the school before the tardy bell rang. Tay was standing at the door of our first block class. I walked in with her and we sat in our normal seats. Once we got in the classroom, everybody was talking and shit as usual. Tay was talking to her cousin Jas who wasn't even paying attention to her 'cuz she was too busy making googly eyes at her phone texting Bry. I nudged Tay, "Ma she ain't even listening to you." I said.

She looked at me and flicked me off smiling. She had a smile that could brighten up anybody's day. That's why I'm glad she's my best friend. Our teacher Mr. Johnson came in and told us to turn in our research project. I reached in my bookbag and got it out. Tay was rubbing her head stressing over something. I looked at her.

"What's wrong Tay?" I whispered.

She sighed and looked at me, "I left my project at home.." she looked like she could cry. I sighed and looked down. Tay was a goof ball, but when it came to her grades, she was serious.

"Just ask him if you can bring it in later on today..?"

She nodded.

Everybody, including me, went to turn in their projects. Tay sat there with a blank look on her face.

Tay had her head down in class, she was still upset about not having her project. Once class was over, I walked outta class with my arm around Tay.

Tay POV

After class was over, I walked out with Jay. He knew I was still upset about not bringing my research project. I sighed and Jay slid his arm around my neck and walked with me. I heard everybody whispering slick shit lowkey.

"They go out now?" I heard a girl say to her friend.

I looked at Jay and rolled my eyes. He laughed.

"Ugh..I don't like that bitch..she think she all that 'cuz...she-"

"I think I'm all that because I what?" I snapped.

"Girl..get out my face.." this girl named Alexis said.

Alexis hasn't liked me for a long time. She hates me because me and Jay are real close. Her and Jay used to go out until he found out she cheated on him. She's acted like she's had beef with me since birth, and I barely know her ass.

"Bitch, I ain't in your face. I'm clearly over here. Next time you say somethin, finish it. Don't get quiet when I come around." I stated. Jay tightened his grip on my arm. He was trying to keep me from running over there and laying her ass out.