Chapter 1

Lily's P.O.V.

My soccer game was over and I left right away. There were six people that were new and they were all focused on me. No one else, they were just focused on me. Strange, I thought to myself. I ran to my house in under ten minutes considering the field was only about five minutes car ride away from my house. I open the door and notice an extra pair of hunting moccasins by the door mat.

"Artemis! You better not be trying to burn down my house! I just got it." I chuckle as i walk into the kitchen that my godmother was in. Yeah, my god mother is the one and only Greek god Artemis.

"Lily!" She exclaims happily as she comes over and wraps myself in a bone crushing hug.

"Can't breathe" I manage to choke out, she looks at me apologetically. "I have to go for a while; it might be over a year before i can see you again Lil." She explains to me sadly.

"Let me guess, the hunters need you for the new recruit and Grandpa Zeus is gonna be busting your chops for being here so much." I state more than question.

"Yeah, that's pretty much it Lil." She says sadly before starting to fade away, "I love you Lily Paige Carter!" She says to me before i give her one last hug and say "I Love you more!" Before she completely disappears.

In her place she left a silver bow and a bag of rare eagle feathers from my grandpa Zeus. You see Zeus was my real mothers father. My parents had written them as my godparents in case if something happened. The people that had abused me and my 'sister' were my adoptive parents who thought that I didn't know they weren't my real parents.

I sigh and change out of my soccer uniform into this: polyvore. com/cgi/set?id=74395931 . I put on my dog tags again and sigh thinking of the days when i was in the Navy. I strapped Artemis's bow to my back and head towards the front door when there is a knock.

Just great. Note the sarcasm?

"Who are you?" I growl at the man standing in my doorway, he was black with an eye patch over one of his eyes. I nod at Clint and Natasha respectfully anger slowly simmering in me.

"I'm Director Fury." He says handing me a packet.

"You want me to join the avengers?" I ask her looking at the others behind him.

"Yes, and if you don't I will have to take you by force. You can be considered a threat miss Carter." He says as I snap and close the door in his face.

I quickly write a note to Zeus and Artemis; it said:

Dear Artemis and Zeus,

If you are reading this now that means I'm dead... No it doesn't I'm just messing with ya! It just means I'm going on an adventure somewhere! Don't come looking for me. I need to handle this by myself. I love you both. Stay strong. Don't let the hunters come after me Artemis; if they do I will be pissed. I will contact you soon via Iris. I love you guys so much!!

Love,

The One And Only Goddaughter,

Lily Paige Carter.

I finish writing the words in Ancient Greek as I hear the others enter my home.

"Clint I swear if you touch any of my bows or my arrows I will put an arrow through your eye!" I shout hearing chuckling in response and someone saying "Feisty."

I stomp downstairs and grab my bows and arrows and place them in my bag. "How do they all fit?" The one I assumed was captain gawked.

"Magic." I snort as I walk out to the front yard putting my bags in front of the copter that was parked on my yard. I walk on and grab my boxing wrap and put it in my pocket. As i noticed Steve looking at my dog tags.

"You-you were a soldier?" He stutters unable to believe that i was in the army cause' to be true with you i wasn't.

"No I wasn't! I was a Marine! Not a soldier Rogers!" I shout at him feeling pissed because when anyone ever sees my tags they think I was a soldier, they never think it was possible that I was part of the Marines.

"Are we gonna leave or not Fury?" I say feeling agitated.

"Yes Agent Carter." He says boarding the helicarrier with me following right behind him with the others besides Nat and Clint staring at me with surprise. They'd seen nothing yet.