Chapter 1 ~ Manager Naniko

Yui's Pov

I stood at the edge of the railing, of the bridge. Took a long deep breath. Then, a car swooshed by pass me and I hesitated. "Crap--" I curse and slip off the railing. Splash!

I don't know how to swim! NO! I still haven't told Yu about Sadako liking him. I still haven't confessed to Senpai! I don't want to die now! Just as I was in thoughts.. I hear a sudden splash sound. Who's is it? I think to myself.

A rejuvenating hand reaches out towards my waist and I'm jerked up. He presses his soft, warm lips on mines and releases refreshing air into my mouth. I felt my lungs activate back and I slowly shut my eyes. This guy, saved my life.. and stole my first...... kiss.

The only thing I remeber on that day was that warm kiss. My first kiss.. under the water. How romantic. When I finally open my eyes, I'm in the infirmary room. I quickly jerked my head up and panicked. Where is he?! I wonder.

The guy wo saved my life.. and stole my first kiss, was no where to be seen, except for the school doctor. I sighed and press my numb palm on my left eye. "Why?" I blushed and hid under my covers. "Why am I having these mixed feelings?" I whisper.

Someone please... tell me what these feelings are. Why am I feeling this way? Am I supposedly... in love? Nah... it couldn't be! I'm just going to ignore it... yeah.

I quietly walked back to class and sat in my seat. Sensei read off the names and then started the lesson. My seat was in the back by the window, so I stared out the window. There, I saw them. S.E.C.R.E.T. the most popular boys and greatest swmmiers yet.

I was a bit envious to see if one of them saved my life, but none of them looked like he guy who jumped in the water. Until, Narumi passed by and something caught my eyes. The guy who saved me had a nice little white watch on his wrist. And Naumi had a white watch on his left wrist. But.. so did all the others. Probably some sort of symbol to represent the team or something.

"Oi! Naniko!" Sensei scolded. I turn back to the board and saw Sensei beating his ruler on his palm. Snap! I'm going to get a scolding like yesterday. After class, Sensei stopped me just before I walked out that door.

"You know how many times I've scolded you?" he asks.

"Um.. well. Ten times.." I mumble back.

"Yes. And do you know what that means?"

"Wait! I have a reason for it today! You see..." I explain everything that happened and he actually let me go, but only this once. I sprint to the swim club and slam open the door. "Please! Let me-" I panted and took a deep breath. "Let me join." Kou glares at me evily and smirks.

"Haha! Izumi, what do you think?" he snickers.

"Hm... she can be our manager. Not a swimmer though." Izumi said lazily.

"Aww.. she's so cute though!" Satori laughed.

"Satori, then wouldn't she fit the manager spot?" Ren suggested, while adjusting his glasses.

".... She's better than other girls," Narumi said coldly.

My jaws drop and my heart is pounding. What should I do?! What if they all say no. Then, what? Satori calmly walks towards me and I freeze up. The energetic and lively Satori. Our eyes meet and I sink in deeply into his dark green eyes. "Naniko, right?" he asks. I nod vigorously.

He chuckles and embraces me. It feels similar to that one embrace with the guy who saved me. "Your in!" Satori cries out cheerfully. I hug him back and we playfully begin to cry. After playing around, Izumi walks away. I guess I'm hated by him.. yeah.

I walked home that day.. thinking about everything that has happened. I am manager of the swim club and had my first kiss with a cool, mysterious guy. What else can I ask for? I arrive home and once I enter it's all lively and loud. I ignore it and walk into the bathroom. Took a shower, watch a little television, and hen fell asleep.

Hoping.. that I'll find him soon. And I'm hoping it's Satori, but I was wrong. It was someone you would never except... guess who?

Did ya like this chapter? No? Yes? Ok.. next chapter is called, Number 1.