Roadside Strangers

Chapter 1

You were freezing cold.

Your car had stalled.

Youd run out of gas.

The battery had died.

You were standing on the side of a country road in the pouring rain with nothing to shield you from the small droplets pelting down onto your dark drenched hair. Your t-shirt clinging desperately to your chest and your tight jeans mercilessly clasped to your legs.

You were tempted to step into the trees that lined the deserted roadside, but You didn't want to risk missing a lone driver who could possibly be of assistance.

You decided to warm yourself with the thoughts of the past hour.

He'd hit you. Square across the stomach. He'd never done that.

Kale had a short temper sure but he'd never lifted a finger at you or anyone.

The quick words that peirced like knives floated in your mind, melting into a burning nightmare that chilled you back to the road side.

The sudden crackle of thunder shook your bones.

"frig." You muttered as You wrapped your arms around yourself, attempting to stay warm. You leaned against the door a scowl on your face.

As You looked at the ground, you noticed the wet pavement growing brighter. The light grew larger as you turned your head in the direction of the light.

You stepped away from the car and began to wave your arms above your head.

"hey! Hey! Hey!" you hollered as the driver drew closer.

The light was alone, making a path of light for its director.

As you continued to wave about, the vehicle was unveiled from the rain. It was a motor cycle, the wheels spinning up droplets of water up onto the back of the operator.

Tall and slim, visibly clad in a worn leather jacket, a masked helmet on their head. They began to slow down and pull up to you the light brightening in my eyes as the cyclist stopped beside you.

"excuse me! Please! My car-I-it died and I need a ride back to town if you could."

The rider put his feet down as he reached for his helmet. Slowly, he raised it from his head.

Beneath a pair of entriguing green eyes appeared in the light. A full head of curls tilted slightly to the side. He swept his hair to the side as he tossed you his helmet.

"how tight can you hold on?"