Road side strangers

Chapter 6

The sun slowly began to crawl out from under the blanket of the earth.

Earth. The place that could seem so bright and chipper and could turn into a living hell in a split second.

You hadn't slept a wink the whole drive. Your head had been swarming with thoughts about kale and his condition. About Harry and his fight.

Harry. Your fallen angel. You'd drug him into the mess and you'd buried yourselves in troubles. Now he was on the run. He wasn't wanted yet, but sooner or later the police would need an explanation.

How long would it be before you weren't safe. How long until he really needed to hide.

Wait a second, I'm innocent? Why am I running I didn't hit him he hurt me. Why am u on the bike of this bike riding farther into consequences?

It was because this was all your doing. You couldn't just leave Harry to face this alone. He'd helped you now you needed to stay with him.

Harry's back was now warm from your bodies pressing close together for 2 hours. A lonely curl was sticking out from under his helmet and it took everything in you not to touch it and feel how soft it would be. His lips. How soft those would be too. They were like two little rose petals grown perfectly alongside each other, trying to stand out more than the other.

How good they would feel brushing against yours, softly and with tender care.

Why were you even thinking this. It must've been the exhaustion taking over your dreams. A cool breeze woke you from your day dream. You looked up to see a sign

London 150 km to go.

Harry shifted in his seat catching you off guard. You felt yourself sway a little close to the edge but manage to stay on. Harry reached back to hold your wrist. It's not tight like kales was. It was different.

You steadied yourself as Harry maneuvered the bike in between the cars, the wind whipping lightly at your cheeks.

"you doing ok there babe?" the wind carried Harry's voice back to you.

"yes!" you called out as a horrible sight met your eyes.

A police car. It was in the mirror in the side of Harry's bike.

"Harry! Look in the mirror!" you exclaimed. He responded by turning to look.

"it's ok their signals aren't on.

We can keep going its fine!"

You felt a familiar nausea wash over you as Harry continued to

Drive like nothing was happening. You felt your breathing grow heavy as a siren met your ear.

It grew louder as it drew closer.

"Harry!" you cried.

You felt the bike slow down as he pulled to the side of the road

He brought the bike to a stop. You turned your head and saw the cruiser pull up beside you. Harry touched your hand.

"just stay calm and don't say anything unless he asks you." he whispered as the officer leaned out the window and tipped his hat.

"what can I do for you officer?" Harrys voice was calm and cool.

"mind telling me where you kids are off to at this time

It's only 2 am?"

"we're going home." he responded.

The officer nodded obligingly, almost not believing

"where you coming from?"

"Holmes chapel sir."

"you live in London?"

"yes sir."

"what's the address?" his eyebrows seemed to narrow.

"37 Crane Court sir." you spoke without thinking. Harry turned to give you a concerned stare.

The officer put his head back in the car. "that'll be all thanks." with that he pulled off the shoulder and tool off into the traffic.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." Harry's eyes left yours.

"it's fine. Just let me do the talking. Looks like we have to stay somewhere else." with that he started the bike and merged into the flow.